Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Racking Slide Too Hard, Causing Malfunction?

Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    Slide lock backwards

That and a connector not properly seated seems to be the biggest bugaboos replacing parts.
    How is the connector supposed to be seated? I have it in the "S" shape and also made sure it was not cocked to the side or twisted upon installation.

Sorry it is the tab, but not on connector. See below.

Name:  A5090731-0EDC-45D2-8A35-E1FF4215583A.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  23.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by C.W. Clark View Post
    Nope. Recess facing the rear

Has to be the slide lock spring then. Unless the slide lock or barrel are seriously damaged.

Sorry, thought we were discussing a G48 issue not G3 19.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    Has to be the slide lock spring then. Unless the slide lock or barrel are seriously damaged.
    That's why I'm so confused. Everything looks to be in order. Nothing appears to be broken and the slide lock spring has been replaced within the past year. The issue first became apparent when I would do one hand manipulations (dry) when I would rack the slide hard off of my belt buckle the slide lock would move halfway down in its slot so when I pulled the trigger the slide would come off. I've done hundreds of repetitions in live fire without issue.

Replacing the spring didn't make a difference btw.

Any Glock armorers in the SW Ohio region willing and able to take a look let me know.

That's why I'm so confused. Everything looks to be in order. Nothing appears to be broken and the slide lock spring has been replaced within the past year. The issue first became apparent when I would do one hand manipulations (dry) when I would rack the slide hard off of my belt buckle the slide lock would move halfway down in its slot so when I pulled the trigger the slide would come off. I've done hundreds of repetitions in live fire without issue (after the replacement).

Replacing the spring didn't make a difference btw.

Not a Glock Armorer and in a hotel tired as shit after five days on the range (tired but happy!) but I’d check the spring that pulls the trigger to the rear when the striker isn’t pushing the cruciform forward. It needs to be in a centered vertical orientation and in the notch (the spring end that’s towards the front of the pistol) or bad things happen. The spring also needs to be installed a specific way with the open ends pointed the right way. May want to check that.

I can’t figure out how to upload to imgur and edit to a normal picture size on imgur, so if this makes no sense PM me an email address and I’ll send a picture of what I’m talking about. It caused me a few headaches.

Diagnosing over the internet is often futile, but here are some suggestions after watching that Youtube vid. My thoughts aren't in any particular order other than how they came to my brain.

-obtain another slide lock spring and install. It's possible the existing one was the wrong part or somehow defective.
    -might as well get a new slide-lock, too, as the price is inexpensive.

-get a new trigger mechanism housing to replace present/old one. The old one could be causing the cruciform to drop below a suitable trigger-bar/firing pin engagement.

-get an orange "inspection-only" cover plate to check TB/FP engagement. Examine firing pin and trigger-bar's cruciform for any wear or modifications.

-Check serial number to determine if you need the "+" trigger-bar for pre "EH" serial numbers. I think these were all older Gen2 guns.

-for now, use a stock Glock-brand, unmodified connector.

-My last thoughts are to examine the frame for cracking; sometimes these cracks are from the top down, causing the frame to flex too much;
    -ensure the rear frame rails are present and not broken off (usually on frames in the serial number range EKx###US to EVx###US.

Site Supporter
    A dead trigger on a pistol designated to carry is not only concerning it is unacceptable.

I've had two occasions in 10,000 rounds or so on my Glock 19 GEN 3 where I've performed a reload and gotten a dead trigger (trigger in the forward position appearing to be reset but when pressed it just falls to the rear not engaging the striker).

While performing a reload during dry fire today and turning the pistol inboard to rack the slide, if I rack too hard I am able to replicate this problem. Has anyone heard of this happening before?
    10k Rds? I’d replace the connector and trigger w/ trigger bar assembly. Sounds like it is not resetting

User Tag List