Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Racking Slide Too Hard, Causing Malfunction?

Racking Slide Too Hard, Causing Malfunction?

A dead trigger on a pistol designated to carry is not only concerning it is unacceptable.

I've had two occasions in 10,000 rounds or so on my Glock 19 GEN 3 where I've performed a reload and gotten a dead trigger (trigger in the forward position appearing to be reset but when pressed it just falls to the rear not engaging the striker).

While performing a reload during dry fire today and turning the pistol inboard to rack the slide, if I rack too hard I am able to replicate this problem. Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Any parts swapped out along the way and is it all OEM parts? Only thing to do is replace guts or let Glock do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    Any parts swapped out along the way and is it all OEM parts? Only thing to do is replace guts or let Glock do it for you.
    All OEM, only replaced the RSA, connector, slide lock, slide lock spring.

I’ve had my trigger go dead when I racked the slide on my G48 which happened specifically when the chamber was empty. The culprit it seems was my 5lb reduced striker spring I installed. I replaced it with the OEM one and it alleviated the problem. Different Gen and like you said, all OEM on your gun so it might be something to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by C.W. Clark View Post
    All OEM, only replaced the RSA, connector, slide lock, slide lock spring.
    Except for possibly the connector I don't believe any of those would have an effect on the sear reset. Is there a sear spring??
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

I've also noticed another issue.... I'm trying to figure out how I can upload a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Upload to Youtube (or similar video sharing/hosting service) and post a link here. You can't upload video directly to PF.
    Lets see if this works...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmPQJ_FeU5M

Slide lock backwards

That and a connector not properly seated seems to be the biggest bugaboos replacing parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    Slide lock backwards
    Nope. Recess facing the rear

The connector on a Gen 5 and 43/48 goes in differently than a prev Gen Glock. Make sure the “tab goes under the thingee.” If not, you will get a dead trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List