Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Question on 6920 LE

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    Keeping an eye out for pre-owned PRO right now. Swapping the plastic Magpul rear out for a steel Magpul pops had laying around.

How would I mount a Scout M600U to the stock handguard? I’m assuming something that can bolt onto the vent holes but that seems iffy.

Thank you all for helpful replies.
    There are a couple options.

GG&G and Midewest industries make short sections of 1913 rail that “sandwich” the A frame front sight base. Use thread locker and witness mark the screws. Had this on an issued work M4 for several years. It works.

Another, slightly better option is the Impact Weapon Components mounts for GI Handguards. It’s a cantilever type mount which attaches vis the cooling holes on the top of the handguard. The mount is reversible and can be used to mount the light on the left or right. It is a direct mount to the scout light. There is also a version with a 1” ring for hand held lights.

https://www.impactweaponscomponents....ry/ar15-m4-a2/

Name:  66416781-8272-4F8D-93C6-FC56DBBFB124.jpeg
Views: 499
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  419E1B42-7726-457E-98EF-1D4CDC7DB09A.jpeg
Views: 471
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  25093BE7-C4D3-4750-BA51-9C950B9B6B49.jpeg
Views: 480
Size:  44.6 KB

Third option is Arisaka makes a version of the Hanen mount that allows mounting of a pistol light such as the X300U and TLR-1 on the front of the A frame.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-03-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There are a couple options.

GG&G and Midewest industries make short sections of 1913 rail that “sandwich” the A frame front sight base. Use thread locker and witness mark the screws. Had this on an issued work M4 for several years. It works.

Another, slightly better option is the Impact Weapon Components mounts for GI Handguards. It’s a cantilever type mount which attaches vis the cooling holes on the top of the handguard. The mount is reversible and can be used to mount the light on the left or right. It is a direct mount to the scout light. There is also a version with a 1” ring for hand held lights.

https://www.impactweaponscomponents....ry/ar15-m4-a2/

Name:  66416781-8272-4F8D-93C6-FC56DBBFB124.jpeg
Views: 499
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  419E1B42-7726-457E-98EF-1D4CDC7DB09A.jpeg
Views: 471
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  25093BE7-C4D3-4750-BA51-9C950B9B6B49.jpeg
Views: 480
Size:  44.6 KB

Third option is Arisaka makes a version of the Hanen mount that allows mounting of a pistol light such as the X300U and TLR-1 on the front of the A frame.
    Nice thank you. Not that I plan on running 200 day sorties in the sandbox, or whatever they say these days, but how sturdy is the IWC mount?

Site Supporter
    Nice thank you. Not that I plan on running 200 day sorties in the sandbox, or whatever they say these days, but how sturdy is the IWC mount?
    I’ve had one on a Colt 6933 for about 8-10 years without issue. I ran their 1913 rail mount version on my work gun when I had 14.5” and no issues.

I would use thread locker and witness mark the screw heads with a paint marker.

I'll second the suggestion for the IWC light mount for standard M4 hanguards - a few guys I work with use those on personally owned duty guns and they are solid.
    IWC knows what they are doing and makes very high quality stuff.

HCM mentioned the Arisaka mount for Surefire X300 and/or Streamlight TLR lights - also a few guys I work with that use this mount and it's good to go.
    Excellent/high quality light mount - both the original and the current Arisaka/improved version.
    https://arisakadefense.com/products/...1913-fsb-mount

The Aimpoint PRO can be sourced new from L.A. Police Gear for about $360/shipped anytime they do a 15% off sale.

You got a nice rifle for a good price, especially with all the extras included.
    Last edited by tango-papa; 04-04-2020 at 12:06 PM.

https://www.mountsplus.com/elzetta-z...for-ar-15.html

I sure someone will say this is not the way it's done, barrel will shadow the beam, but I don't have an an issue. The spill from a Surefire G2x and a Streamlight PolyTac fill the shadow just fine in house or out the 60-80 yards to my tree line. Easy to bump the clicky with the sling mount via index finger knuckle while maintaining a solid grip on foreand.

No mount to rail to rings. Low cost. Low profile. Simple and effective. Made in USA!

That said, the other options are probably more better.
    I just don't know why. Maybe some one will chime in with sound reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Congrats! Looks to be a helluva deal!

I just got an email from Centurion Arms. I have the Troy Delta on my 6920. But I’d go with this if I was doing it today.

https://www.centurionarms.com/c4-mlo...K%20in%20stock
    This rail is appealing to me...the bug has bitten. How difficult is it to install for a person with average mechanical skills but little in the way of tools?

This rail is appealing to me...the bug has bitten. How difficult is it to install for a person with average mechanical skills but little in the way of tools?
    If it’s similar to the Troy Delta it will be super easy. I couldn’t believe how quickly that was.

User Tag List