Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone please tell me me I don't want or need this

Someone please tell me me I don't want or need this

I don't PRS, I don't DMR, no varmint hunting around me, the longest range at my club is 200yds and it's been years since I did anything other then drive by them. But this would look awesome as all get out on my 18" .223 Wylde build:

THE PREDATOR PACKAGE (QD TRIPOD MODULAR SYSTEM)

Name:  105A7388.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  21.1 KB
    Name:  105A7387.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  44.3 KB
    Name:  105A7475.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  35.3 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Just pick up a Magpul bipod. Get the Pic rail version. Then with adapter chunks, you can put it on a quad rail, KMR or MLOK.

Bog Pod also sells just the saddle of their shooting stick/bipod/tripod setups as a spare part for about $11.00, which is nice, because it's the only part that isn't incredibly chintzy. You can then put it on any tripod you like and use it as a rest for any rifle.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Ok, I'll tell you, you don't want or need that crazy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Just pick up a Magpul bipod. Get the Pic rail version. Then with adapter chunks, you can put it on a quad rail, KMR or MLOK.
    ^^^^^ This is the answer for the "I don't really need a bipod" crowd.

$240? Walk away.

And that's why I ask these questions.

I heard it mentioned in a podcast this morning so I figured I'd look it up. I had a passing interest in PRS last year until I started pricing the support gear so the $240 price tag really didn't surprise me. I haven't found using a bipod from the bench to be any better than my sandbags and it was certainly less comfortable.

Is there anything in particular about it that just screams "stay away!" or is it the whole package? It does look cool though...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I was looking at this BOG tripod for my next Wyoming hunt. Sometimes need more elevation and hate carrying lightweight rifle with a bipod attached.

https://www.boghunt.com/gear/pods-an...3.html#start=1

Site Supporter
    Everybody in my unit was issued a grip pod bipod when we went to Iraq. I never used mine; I preferred the issued Knights vertical grip. They are heavy and broke often in combat. They were very popular in FOB chow halls because most soldiers set their rifles on the floor. (I was on a JSS- my chow hall was a table with canned food in a hallway) I did buy one for my AR .22LR for my kids to shoot. Works well from a bench. I took a photo tripod with a rifle rest attached on an Antelope hunt. I ditched it after one day (too heavy and inconvenient ) and just used my daypack for a rest.
    Name:  36E076F4-0F1F-4CC6-96F1-B06612F1CB48.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  20.0 KBName:  084BF3FB-EB9B-4D66-9686-928BA89B930A.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  18.0 KB

You WANT and NEED that thing.

Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Everybody in my unit was issued a grip pod bipod when we went to Iraq. I never used mine; I preferred the issued Knights vertical grip. They are heavy and broke often in combat. They were very popular in FOB chow halls because most soldiers set their rifles on the floor. (I was on a JSS- my chow hall was a table with canned food in a hallway) I did buy one for my AR .22LR for my kids to shoot. Works well from a bench. I took a photo tripod with a rifle rest attached on an Antelope hunt. I ditched it after one day (too heavy and inconvenient ) and just used my daypack for a rest.
    Name:  36E076F4-0F1F-4CC6-96F1-B06612F1CB48.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  20.0 KBName:  084BF3FB-EB9B-4D66-9686-928BA89B930A.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  18.0 KB
    Since monopoding on the mag is a real thing, and my Boonie Packer ReadyMag gives me a bipod I scratch my head at guys wanting these. Unless you are running 20 round mags most shooters run them too far in, at which point the magwell grip will work.

OP, you need this, so others can benefit from your experience when they ask the same question. I am happy out to 300m using my P-Mags in the ReadyMag.

pat

Site Supporter
    What can I say? When a unit deploys they get extra cash to buy gear. The guy that orders it is the supply SGT. He orders from a list of available gear. The people that make that list are even further from the tip of the spear. That’s how guys get issued serpa holsters

User Tag List