Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question on 6920 LE

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    Should I put an Aimpoint PRO on it?
    Yes. Or MRO.

Personally, I would also add this rail and buy ammo, use up, repeat.

Definitely a good deal and I'd snag it right now.

Better is a matter of opinion when it comes to ergos and whatnot.

When it comes to function, a 6920 can't be beat. Equaled? Sure.

I've been playing with ARs for 20 years and I've had 'em ALL. The ONLY one out there that is really, functionally improved is the KAC E3. They were awesome when they first came out, but have long since been somewhat over-gassed and I really just don't think they shoot any better than a carbine Colt anymore. Same for most all mid-lengths built in the past decade. They build 'em around Tula steel case or PMC bronze ammo and they're reliable, but they killed the advantage of the mid-length port location.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    That is less than I paid for my LE6920 12 years ago on department letterhead....brand new in box, shipped to the agency...

pat
    This made me go find the paperwork to see what I paid for mine...ordered it in '98 when the 6920's first came out (serial #0022xx ).

Site Supporter
    Yes on the Aimpoint Pro.

IMHO, before putting a 300.00 rail on a 900.00 gun, you could spend that same 300 on some magpul goodnees re "rails", light mount, light, vertical foregrip, sling etc and still have money left over toward a class.

Handguards 35
    VFG/mounts 45
    Light Mount 40
    Light SF G2
    @600 Lumens 60
    Sling/mounts 70 =250

My prices presume full retail on magpul stuff. You can get it or functional equivs cheaper if you shop around.

FWIW/YMMV

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=kwb377;994954]This made me go find the paperwork to see what I paid for mine...ordered it in '98 when the 6920's first came out (serial #0022xx ). ]/QUOTE]

I was just cleaning house and came upon the Dept proposal I was involved with and the individual officer purchase price was $1600 through our usual distributor. I jumped at a gun for $1250 shipped. Then promptly hung another $1500 worth of Larue, Magpul, Vltor, Aimpoint, Boonie Packer, and Tango Down stuff on it. No birthdays, Christmas, or Valentines Days until the She Who Must Be Obeyed settled down.

Pat Rogers was such an enabler....

pat

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    My prices presume full retail on magpul stuff. You can get it or functional equivs cheaper if you shop around.

FWIW/YMMV
    buygunstuff.com is generally cheapest on Magpul, and very competitive on a lot of other stuff. I've ordered once and was pleased with the results.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Update here, finally closed this deal right before the madness hit a couple weeks ago. This is what I ended up getting for $1000.

Attachment 51164

I was not expecting to receive 3 windowed gen 3 PMAGs and 80 rounds of the Federal T223L ammo. Nor was I expecting the Blue Force padded sling and carry handle. The ammo seems good to go based on DocGKR's list but feedback is welcome. I'm not going to be trying to take bad guys down through windows and walls on a regular basis.

The intent of this purchase was to acquire a general purpose rifle for an average citizen. I don't intend to compete or attend a large number of training classes. It obviously will be shot at the range, in a couple of classes, and remain close at hand in a quick access safe in the master bedroom. With that being said, would it be worth swapping the carry handle out now for an Aimpoint PRO or would I be better served running it as is for awhile first. My inclination is to get the PRO on there ASAP and begin learning it. But I do like how light and rugged it seems stock right now. Also wondering about replacing handguard with the KAC RAS or a Magpul to make it easier to attach a light.

Again, I appreciate any thoughts and opinions. Thank you.

Update here, finally closed this deal right before the madness hit a couple weeks ago. This is what I ended up getting for $1000.

Attachment 51164

I was not expecting to receive 3 windowed gen 3 PMAGs and 80 rounds of the Federal T223L ammo. Nor was I expecting the Blue Force padded sling and carry handle. The ammo seems good to go based on DocGKR's list but feedback is welcome. I'm not going to be trying to take bad guys down through windows and walls on a regular basis.

The intent of this purchase was to acquire a general purpose rifle for an average citizen. I don't intend to compete or attend a large number of training classes. It obviously will be shot at the range, in a couple of classes, and remain close at hand in a quick access safe in the master bedroom. With that being said, would it be worth swapping the carry handle out now for an Aimpoint PRO or would I be better served running it as is for awhile first. My inclination is to get the PRO on there ASAP and begin learning it. But I do like how light and rugged it seems stock right now. Also wondering about replacing handguard with the KAC RAS or a Magpul to make it easier to attach a light.

Congrats! Looks to be a helluva deal!

I just got an email from Centurion Arms. I have the Troy Delta on my 6920. But I’d go with this if I was doing it today.

https://www.centurionarms.com/c4-mlo...K%20in%20stock

Attachment 51164

If you can afford an aimpoint, it’s a large capability improvement. Unless you have some reason to shoot irons, I’d go straight to the dot.

Site Supporter
    Concur very strongly re adding the Aimpoint Pro to the rifle. $450 ish shipped from a number of places.

User Tag List