Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question on 6920 LE

Question on 6920 LE

I have an opportunity to purchase a 6920 that’s never been fired. Manufactured in 2016. Includes original box and soft case. Also selling 400 rounds of Federal XM193 as part of the package. He wants $1000 for the package and won’t sell the rifle separately.

Looking on target sports I see the ammo is worth maybe $140 making the real price of the rifle $860.

Do I make this purchase or not? I’m not in the know enough to know what these are worth now but I know the 6920 is a solid build to start with.

That seems fair.

If I was in the market for a 6920, I'd buy that in a skinny minute.

ETA: After a bit of thought, I'd be tempted to buy that even if I wasn't in the market for another AR. One of my brothers just sold one for $1,200 and that was without anything extra included.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I guess that would lead to another question. Is the 6920 reasonable for a second AR pattern purchase? Received a Saint Victor 16” as a gift and have found it to be good enough for messing around. I’m not LE or mil and don’t expect to need something bomb proof. This just seemed like a reasonable deal for a sought after model.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    I have an opportunity to purchase a 6920 that’s never been fired. Manufactured in 2016. Includes original box and soft case. Also selling 400 rounds of Federal XM193 as part of the package. He wants $1000 for the package and won’t sell the rifle separately.

Looking on target sports I see the ammo is worth maybe $140 making the real price of the rifle $860.

Do I make this purchase or not? I’m not in the know enough to know what these are worth now but I know the 6920 is a solid build to start with.
    Colt has temporarily stepped out of the civilian AR market as they have done several times over the years. Likely because the AR market is the softest it’s been in 30 years. Supply outstrips demand at the moment.

Occult 6920 is a solid rifle and it is pretty much the benchmark against which other ERs are compared. They usually fall in as better or worse.

The price is fair. Not a screaming bargain but certainly fair market value.

Site Supporter
    Solid/Fair/Reasonable Price with the ammo and case. You might ask him to throw in some mags but that would not a deal breaker. Magpuls and GI mags sporting upgraded followers are out in the world for 15 per max all day long.

Great. Thanks for the replies everyone. Very helpful.

If it's a face-to-face private sale, even better-er
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    If it's a face-to-face private sale, even better-er
    Really, that's probably what would sell it for me. I'll hopefully be in the market for another AR this year. I visited a LGS about six months ago and was talking with one of the guys in there. I'm not a huge AR guy, there's much "stuff" I plain don't know about them. I know how to run one, and thought that perhaps a 6920 being pretty much similar to the M4 the mil issued might be a good program. Guy convinced me that they're a little behind in the "what they offer" category, so even if they hadn't quit civilian sales, I'd still be shopping elsewhere. For the kind of money I want to/am willing to spend on an unfired example, it might just be a sell.

Sounds like a fair deal to me.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List