Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which adjustable gas block for my LaRue Grendel?

Which adjustable gas block for my LaRue Grendel?

The barrel is a .750, pics of existing gas block attached.

https://www.brownells.com/search/ind...%20gas%20block

Name:  61061426-5252-4868-80D5-C7DCD52C35A7.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  21.5 KB
    #RESIST

Good luck getting that block off. Mine was on tighter than a BCM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Good luck getting that block off. Mine was on tighter than a BCM.
    Great. I had to cut off my last BCM gas block.
    #RESIST

Why are you looking to go to an adjustable? Because suppressor or another reason? If it’s for suppressor use, any chance Larue might have a recommendation?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I have yet to need an adjustable gas block on any of my gas guns, including my 6.5 Grendel. I shoot them suppressed and unsuppressed, and all I've needed to do was use the right weight buffer.

I have seen a bunch of adjustable gas systems go TU at inconvenient times. Especially JP stuff.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have yet to need an adjustable gas block on any of my gas guns, including my 6.5 Grendel. I shoot them suppressed and unsuppressed, and all I've needed to do was use the right weight buffer.

I have seen a bunch of adjustable gas systems go TU at inconvenient times. Especially JP stuff.
    This.

If for some reason you could not find the proper spring and buffer combo, I would look at one of the adjustable ball carriers from Jim tech or bootleg before I would mess with an adjustable gas block.

Are you having functional issues or are you simply trying to reduce the back pressure?

Back pressure is definitely a thing with DI ARs. La Roux only guarantees their guns and uppers to work with their cans and sure fire cans due to back pressure issues. Usually the quieter the can the more back pressure.

I’m trying to reduce gas to the face. This is a precision gun, I’m not too worried about high round counts gumming up the AGB.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m trying to reduce gas to the face. This is a precision gun, I’m not too worried about high round counts gumming up the AGB.
    I think we’ve talked about this before here, but if not....

http://www.blackrivertactical.com/

Look at the gas tubes, and/or the microtune has block.

Adjustable gas blocks: try SLR? They have a ton of sizes, and they seem better made than a lot of the others.

I've also heard good things about the Superlative Arms venting gas blocks.
    Last edited by jbrimlow; 02-09-2020 at 05:20 PM. Reason: add more info

Also, if you oil them and work them through the range of adjustments after use, that usually gets them to avoid locking up.

User Tag List