Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MULTIPLE J's VS SIX SHOT

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I was referring to a full sized primary.
    I apologize if I misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I apologize if I misunderstood.
    No worries

If the OP's dead set on a revolver, I'd go 6-shot, and I wouldn't go Smith. If he wants to spend a fair amount of money, get a Colt Night Cobra. If he doesn't want to spend the money, get a Taurus 856 concealed hammer ultralight.

If the OP can get over the hump of being okay with a auto, based on his description of use, I'd go with the P365, probably with the manual safety (for AIWB.)

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Looking at some of the solutions proposed in this thread, what do they have to offer over a semiauto with a 10-15 round magazine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Valid question. I imagine that different users have different answers. GP100 revolvers are my highest-accuracy-potential handguns. K/L-Frames are about as good. This includes less-perishable skill retention. On a good day, I can shoot a 1911 about as well as these revolvers, if I am really and recently trained.

I cannot shoot any auto, that I have tried, as well as a 1911. My shooting skill will all autos is more-perishable, compared to GP100/K/L revolver skill.

I do use Glocks. I have a Gen3 G17, one of my former duty pistols, on my hip, now. Glocks are great for quick-and-dirty rough duty. When the range opens-up, I am going to want a GP100.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post

ETA A 66 + a J vs 3 J's
    I can't believe someone with any sort of training would actually consider carrying *3* j frames in 2020 as a ccw.

If Jim Cirillo was working today I strongly doubt he'd be toting twin j frames.

Site Supporter
    At times I pocket carry two M&P 340's with Crimson Trace LG-405 grips. Main advantage, I have the option of what side to draw from. Depending on threat location or if in a tussle, being able to make a pull from either pocket has distinct advantages.

I carry a speed strip, each with four rounds, behind each holster. Main advantage, I have the option of reloading or drawing fresh. I'm not big on leaving guns on the ground, but if absolutely necessary the option is there.

As a retired cop I carry daily and 95% of the time it is a Smith and Wesson 638 in my strong side pocket and a GLOCK 43 in my weak side cargo pocket. Occasionally just one or the other. I play the odds, not the outliers and accept the potential consequences if I am unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I can't believe someone with any sort of training would actually consider carrying *3* j frames in 2020 as a ccw.

I agree with some of what you say but the intent was too look at this from the weight/ capacity availability in to the hand from multiple positions of a k frame vs j frame (s). What started this thought process for me was actually handling a model 19 carry comp locally, my first thought was this is one heavy ass gun. I still havent found a 66 to look at.
    And in addition Ive got one coming of carry age soon so that really is another driver. And I really dont want to start him off on a striker fired gun. Revolver seems safest.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post

Two at waist level; one at ankle level; what’s not to like? I have done this with slightly larger SP101 snub-guns, during the above-mentioned 2002-2008 time frame.

I do believe that one well-respected member of this forum has carried three or more J-Frames, at some time in the past.

When Jim Cirillo was carrying multiple revolvers, I believe they were all K-Frames.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Two at waist level; one at ankle level; what’s not to like? I have done this with slightly larger SP101 snub-guns, during the above-mentioned 2002-2008 time frame.

I do believe that one well-respected member of this forum has carried three or more J-Frames, at some time in the past.

When Jim Cirillo was carrying multiple revolvers, I believe they were all K-Frames.
    I wouldn't mind a shoulder holster for a second gun. I guess if pressed i could do aiwb, owb at 3-4oclock, and a shoulder holster.

User Tag List