Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP RFI for pistol red dot sights.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am curious if any sizable U.S. LE agency or a military branch has ever fielded a weapon or weapon-mounted accessory made in China, especially by a Chinese company.

In other words, if SIG or Holosun had such an optic, would it have a chance of being adopted? Color me skeptical.
    A couple years back the FBI adopted the SIG Romeo 4M carbine red dot in lieu of the Aimpoint H2.

It is pretty well known that the SIG Romeo 4/5 optics are made in the same factory as Holosun if not just rebranded Holosuns. SIG got around the Berry compliance issue by bringing in the Bureau optics as parts kits and assembling them in the US.

There were some initial issues with the mounting screws. Subsequently there have been issues with optics dying at random. My understating is they won’t be buying anymore ROMEO 4Ms when this batch is done.

Is this one not enclosed emitter?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post984624

Would also need a replaceable battery and user controlled brightness adjustment to fit the description but seems very close.

Maybe other pistol companies consider licensing MOS from Glock if this is knocked out of the park.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    Is this one not enclosed emitter?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post984624

Would also need a replaceable battery and user controlled brightness adjustment to fit the description but seems very close.

Maybe other pistol companies consider licensing MOS from Glock if this is knocked out of the park.
    No, it is open emitter like the RMR, DPP etc.

Sounds like this could be a great optic for us if someone can make it happen. It sure checks off all my boxes for a duty PMRDO. Was hoping for our Chief to memo approve a couple currently available optics for private purchase (that was the rumor) but she just announced her retirement and who knows what the new guy will do...at this point I’m happy enough to see an end to .40 S&W and that gawd awful P2000.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    at this point I’m happy enough to see an end to .40 S&W and that gawd awful P2000.
    I’ll drink to that... but still wish I could keep mine. Less than 2,000 rounds through it.

I’m sort of annoyed that OFO is going with the 19, but hey... more holster options. I’ll probably pick up a 19 Gen 5, and have it cut for a RMR by BattleWerks. More and more I look at the MOS setup, the more and more I don’t like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    This is an RFI, not an RFP.

The former is basically a formalized market survey. The latter is a procurement.

Correct.

CBP can authorize optics without procuring 40K of them. If they found something they could do so with, they would.

Fact is most pistol mounted optics aren't ready for the unwashed masses. The RFI is designed to spur innovation in hopes that something better finds its way to the market.

If nothing else, CBP is doing the shooting world a big favor.

Aimpoint needs to talk to Glock about producing an OEM direct milled ACRO slide for G47.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Aimpoint needs to talk to Glock about producing an OEM direct milled ACRO slide for G47.
    Glock needs to talk to Aimpoint about making an Acro with six months of battery life.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

CBP would be better off pressuring Glock to make optic ready direct milled slides for the optic footprint of their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    CBP would be better off pressuring Glock to make optic ready direct milled slides for the optic footprint of their choice.
    I don’t think that would take much pressuring — bet an order for 1,000 pistols would get Glock programming the machines to make an Acro cut instead of MOS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List