Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP RFI for pistol red dot sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Noblex (formerly Docter)
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Neither one was closed emitter though. I don’t know if it’s possible to design a closed emitter optic that would use the MOS screw hole arrangement.
    Good catch.

But as noted before, people are working on similar stuff. So hopefully...

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Well, I don't think an optic that checks all those boxes exists. But I hope somebody invents one because I'd buy it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Well, I don't think an optic that checks all those boxes exists. But I hope somebody invents one because I'd buy it.
    Well, CBP is the largest law enforcement agency in North America with 45,000 officers between the US border patrol, CBP field operations and CBP air in Marine. If that’s not a big enough honey pot to get someone to build the optic they want then it’s probably not feasible to build at this point.

I am curious if any sizable U.S. LE agency or a military branch has ever fielded a weapon or weapon-mounted accessory made in China, especially by a Chinese company.

In other words, if SIG or Holosun had such an optic, would it have a chance of being adopted? Color me skeptical.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    After reading the requirements, I came to a conclusion that CBP officers will be using iron sights for the next 10-15 years.
    That may be a feature, not a bug. When agencies don't really want to do something, they simply set onerously high standards that nobody can meet.....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am curious if any sizable U.S. LE agency or a military branch has ever fielded a weapon or weapon-mounted accessory made in China, especially by a Chinese company.

In other words, if SIG or Holosun had such an optic, would it have a chance of being adopted? Color me skeptical.
    Pretty sure most of the Leupold scopes and Doctor and Burris red dots used by us throughout GWOT had China bits and pieces.

Holosun could just assemble here in a new facility, a couple American bits and pieces added, and label Made in USA like so many others do.

Site Supporter
    Nothing meets all the requirements at this time. They seemingly want a direct mount w/o plates on a gun that isn't direct milled and requires use of plates. That iron sight co-witness standard isn't possible without direct milling. Interesting wish list...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Hammertime
    This is quite a boon for the Glock, the MOS system and whomever comes up with this optic. And ultimately the consumer.

Site Supporter
    This is an RFI, not an RFP.

The former is basically a formalized market survey. The latter is a procurement.

User Tag List