Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP RFI for pistol red dot sights.

CBP RFI for pistol red dot sights.

CBP is looking for red dots for their new Glocks.

https://beta.sam.gov/opp/c2d97906597...w?keywords=U.S
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Requires regular height Ameriglo Agent sights to work, no suppressor height sights. Requires battery changes without removing the optic, so no type 2 RMR. Also looks like a closed emitter. Does anything now meet these requirements?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I don't think so but hopefully the request will cause some wheels to turn in that direction. Sounds like exactly what I want. I hate suppressor height sights.

After reading the requirements, I came to a conclusion that CBP officers will be using iron sights for the next 10-15 years.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Shall mount to the handgun slide MOS-cut directly, without the use of adaptor plates.
    This seems silly, I’m not sure how the screw spacing on an mos cut slide will allow a closed emitter optic to be mounted without a plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    This seems silly, I’m not sure how the screw spacing on an mos cut slide will allow a closed emitter optic to be mounted without a plate.
    I think @YVK is right about what CBP is going to get: nothing.

Haven't we seen two direct to MOS red dots that use regular sights from Holosun and from a different company at a European trade show?

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    and from a different company at a European trade show?
    Noblex (formerly Docter)

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    Haven't we seen two direct to MOS red dots that use regular sights from Holosun and from a different company at a European trade show?
    Neither one was closed emitter though. I don’t know if it’s possible to design a closed emitter optic that would use the MOS screw hole arrangement.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I'm glad to see this ambitious solicitation. It is a big contract, it might be just the kind of spur that is needed for companies to develop a red dot that actually fits on a handgun slide and doesn't suck in a dozen different ways.

I predict at least one company will actually pull through on this one. None of us thought it was possible to make a world-class 1-10x FFP in the same footprint as a 1-6x until a couple of weeks ago either.

User Tag List