Thread: HK P30 9mm Recoil Spring Question

HK P30 9mm Recoil Spring Question

Mine came with the red spring...I see there is a black spring as well. Is the black for 40 cal only?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Mine came with the red spring...I see there is a black spring as well. Is the black for 40 cal only?
    My original understanding is the spring assembly has a red-painted spring for 9x19 and a black spring for .40 S&W. MGW shows this:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/hk-p30/parts.html#/filter:brand:Heckler$2520and$2520Koch/filter:model:P30/filter:hierarchy:Gun$2520Parts$253EHK$253EPistol$2 520Parts$253EHK$2520P30$253ERecoil$2520Spring$2520 Guide$2520Assemblies

Yes, with a caveat. Early P30 springs were all black, even the 9 mm ones. Can you use a .40 cal spring in a 9mm pistol? Never tried. I suspect it will work with +P loads, but probably not with standard loads as the standard 9mm spring is on the border of “too strong” when new.

Thanks guys

John what variant is your P30, is it a light or heavy lem, da\sa, full size, sk, or L model? I will find out for you, and is there a specific reason for asking or just for general knowledge?

User Tag List