Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Dot on G26?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    That's exactly what I used this mount for on my 19 and if I was considering a 26 I'd do the same thing. Completely reversible and after 2 range trips with this setup I'm ready to either have this slide milled or to pick up a proven aftermarket slide.

Attachment 48347
    Thanks,

How much does that much offset affect your POI from say 5-25 yards?

Site Supporter
    There are several threads on G-19Ls and G-17Ks. The consensus is on just about any pistol the butt is more apt to print when concealed (phrasing...) and the trend of smaller carry guns is shorter butt, and narrower frame if possible. This is super true for IWB, and can be less so for OWB. I think I am leaning to a chopped 19 rather than a 26, but I am fickle, and until I have to put down a deposit don't know which I would do for sure.

As far as getting the chop done right there have been a few tutorials around, and for a work gun I would avoid doing the work myself. Robar used to have a really neat chop job. David Bowie would be my choice today at http://bowietacticalconcepts.com/ He was also an early miller of the slide for MRDS.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Thanks,

How much does that much offset affect your POI from say 5-25 yards?
    Honestly, I have no idea. I’ve only done a rough zero at 15yds and all shooting has been offhand at 15-20yds.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Went to the range today to try out the new TLR-6 light / laser and stopped by their gun shop after. They had a few pistol type red dots, mostly Holosun and Vortex. I looked at the Vortex Venom for a minute just to see what it was like to look through.

Talked to Vortex CS later and since they don't make mounting plates...they recommended Evolution Gun Works.
    Last edited by Redhat; 02-07-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Brownells 26 rmr cut

The Brownell's RMR cut slide for the 26 works fine on Gen 4, the only issue I've had was some residue in the extractor spring/depressor channel that had to be polished out.
    I just need some taller sights to co-witness.

Name:  IMG_1149small.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  91.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I would consider milling my 26.5, but I’m not entirely sure a RMR cut will still be relevant in 20 or even 10 years. So, I’m waiting for a 26.5 MOS to come along. I would RDS my 26 in a heartbeat.

I saw mention of a new open source mount footprint that was introduced at SHOT... if that gets traction, it would be an option.
    And here I was thinking I was the only one waiting for a 26.5 MOS to drop...

I had JagerWerks mill my gen4 G26 about two years ago. Occasionally carried it with the 10 round mag but usually with 12.

I ended up using it on the 2nd day of a vehicle class when the front iron sight on my G19 came loose.

Details and pics here.
    http://minivandoorgunner.blogspot.co...-cerakote.html

Later I added a 2-port comp since the extra length didn't effect concealment. Runs 115 to 147 just fine with the factory spring. Shoots about as flat as a stock G17. In retrospect, it would have made more sense to just pick up a 2nd G17 frame, have it chopped for G26 mags, and swap my 17 slide onto it as needed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by earlan357; 02-12-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by earlan357 View Post
    I had JagerWerks mill my gen4 G26 about two years ago. Occasionally carried it with the 10 round mag but usually with 12.

I ended up using it on the 2nd day of a vehicle class when the front iron sight on my G19 came loose.

Details and pics here.
    http://minivandoorgunner.blogspot.co...-cerakote.html

Later I added a 2-port comp since the extra length didn't effect concealment. Runs 115 to 147 just fine with the factory spring. Shoots about as flat as a stock G17. In retrospect, it would have made more sense to just pick up a 2nd G17 frame, have it chopped for G26 mags, and swap my 17 slide onto it as needed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That JagerWorks cut looks great, but I just priced it out - over $200 with nitriding. Ooof.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That JagerWorks cut looks great, but I just priced it out - over $200 with nitriding. Ooof.

I'm willing to pay a few extra $ for a tight optic fit. https://www.instagram.com/p/BZKtVaOl8yl

MAC Defense does a fantastic job as well and won't charge you to Cerakote just the cut area if you're trying to RDS on a budget. https://www.macdefenseindustries.com...uts-p132658915

Quote Originally Posted by Dave303 View Post
    The Brownell's RMR cut slide for the 26 works fine on Gen 4, the only issue I've had was some residue in the extractor spring/depressor channel that had to be polished out.
    I just need some taller sights to co-witness.

Name:  IMG_1149small.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  91.4 KB
    That's a pretty clean looking set up.

How well does it carry?

How well does it shoot?

User Tag List