Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Red Dot on G26?

I find it’s no harder to carry that before I added the optic. I carry AIWB.
    The Brownell’s slide took a little break-in but is now trouble free.
    I decided to give optics a try when I started to get back into competitive shooting after a couple decade absence. I shot a bowling pin match and a USPSA style match and found I was really hampered by my crappy eyesight and progressive bifocals. Close range was ok, as I could just index the gun and get a flash sight picture but anything past about 7 yards had me tilting my head way back to try and see the sights, I could make the hits but was very slow. There is a training curve for me as this is the first optic I’ve had on a pistol.
    Nothing shows your short-comings like shooting against a timer or another person under pressure!

I need to test this - my 45 top end works fine on this 26.5 frame, and I have no reason to expect my 19.5 MOS upper won’t be the same.

Name:  601D3AF6-C907-45CE-945B-54A86662FA88.jpg
Views: 4309
Size:  103.2 KB

I really need to finish that adapter...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I had a Gen 3 milled by Mark Housel at L&M Precision several years ago, he does excellent work: https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.c...e/#slide-model
    For great holsters, Dale Fricke makes the IWB Gabriel: https://dalefrickeholsters.com/produ...y-iwb-holster/ and OWB Micheal:https://dalefrickeholsters.com/product/michael-rmr/

Name:  G26RMR2web.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  67.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dave303 View Post
    I find it’s no harder to carry that before I added the optic. I carry AIWB.
    The Brownell’s slide took a little break-in but is now trouble free.
    I decided to give optics a try when I started to get back into competitive shooting after a couple decade absence. I shot a bowling pin match and a USPSA style match and found I was really hampered by my crappy eyesight and progressive bifocals. Close range was ok, as I could just index the gun and get a flash sight picture but anything past about 7 yards had me tilting my head way back to try and see the sights, I could make the hits but was very slow. There is a training curve for me as this is the first optic I’ve had on a pistol.
    Nothing shows your short-comings like shooting against a timer or another person under pressure!
    I'm thinking of doing another RMR'd G26 for a spare, but may do a separate slide rather than having mine milled. Trying to decide between the Brownell's and Suarez International. Brownell's is $100 cheaper, but I don't really care for the front slide cutout. Can you elaborate on what issues you had with breaking in your Brownell's slide?

Quote Originally Posted by JN01 View Post
    I'm thinking of doing another RMR'd G26 for a spare, but may do a separate slide rather than having mine milled. Trying to decide between the Brownell's and Suarez International. Brownell's is $100 cheaper, but I don't really care for the front slide cutout. Can you elaborate on what issues you had with breaking in your Brownell's slide?
    The Brownell's slide had some residue in the extractor depressor channel that I polished out. It had bound the extractor slightly when I first tested it.
    With the stock barrel it shot fine after that. I did put in a threaded True Pression barrel that “felt” tight when manually cycling the slide, but ran fine in shooting with all the bullet weights I tried including my preferred carry ammo.
    I and am going to use it in a bowling pin match next week to see how the set-up works on the clock.

A lonewolf frame could be an option too, as far as a grip chopped g17 or g19.

Yes. I'm a fan. To me it's better to do the straight G26 than a 26L. I get being able to throw it on a 19 frame and if you already have that setup I understand. But having shot a straight G26 with red dot I was a believer.

User Tag List