Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dot on G26?

Red Dot on G26?

Anyone use a red dot on a Glock 26?

What are the options?

Thanks

Any aftermarket milling option works. I've some experience, not problems with performance, gun or optic.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ready-Glock-26
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Glock has made factory MOS G26 for the military. It was some version of the MK26 iirc. Never seen any for sale commercially though.

I would consider milling my 26.5, but I’m not entirely sure a RMR cut will still be relevant in 20 or even 10 years. So, I’m waiting for a 26.5 MOS to come along. I would RDS my 26 in a heartbeat.

I saw mention of a new open source mount footprint that was introduced at SHOT... if that gets traction, it would be an option.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

In these parts, a G19 plus optic with the grip cut short for G26 mags is more popular, even though it's more finicky and expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCarl View Post
    In these parts, a G19 plus optic with the grip cut short for G26 mags is more popular, even though it's more finicky and expensive.
    Why finicky?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Why finicky?

Jason
    In my opinion, every custom job carries a risk of something going wrong. There's also the time and potentially a shipping complication.

Using a vetted, reputable shop reduces these risks, but cannot eliminate them. I'm not speaking of purely mechanical matters, though of course that could also occur.

I personally think it's an acceptable risk, and I'm thinking about going this route myself. YMMV

Ok, thanks for the follow up.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Ok, thanks for the follow up.

Jason
    There are older posts (created years before this subforum existed) with pics and discussion of the cut G19.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCarl View Post
    I’ve test fitted my 19.5 MOS top end with RMR on my 26.5 frame using a Lone Wolf dust cover filler, but I haven’t shot it yet.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List