Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Malkoff E2HT Light Saber

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Malkoff E2XTD on their 18650 e-series body. I thought this would be too narrow of a beam profile, but I actually find it very useful for anything that I can't use my key chain light to illuminate. It seems to get adequate runtime with the 18650. I need to check with Malkoff to see if it will work with a high drain unprotected 18650. Some direct drive lights are designed around the internal resistance of a protected cell (like the recommended Keeppowers). It would be interesting if it can get even slightly more performance off of a high drain cell.

Attachment 58840
    Nice!

To your question, I am now running the E2XTD head on an Oveready E35 body with a ZRS insert in a SF Z41 tailcap, powered by a Keeppower IMR 18500 1100 mAh cell that is capable of supplying 10 amps. Output is noticeably higher with the ZRS and IMR cell vs. a McClicky switch and protected cell. Gets hot fast though, but I only use mine for short bursts.

Are you using the 5mm battery extender as recommended by Oveready on their website for this body to provide optimal battery connectivity? Or is not necessary in your case because the spring on the Malkoff head is long enough?

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Are you using the 5mm battery extender as recommended by Oveready on their website for this body to provide optimal battery connectivity? Or is not necessary in your case because the spring on the Malkoff head is long enough?
    No spacer needed the the longer 18500 protected cell, but needed with the shorter IMR cell.

User Tag List