Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USPSA EQUIPMENT SURVEY RESULTS

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thanks much — just ordered 10,000!
    First time with these and I just ordered 500, maybe I will regret that. The regret will be that I didn't order more.

I bought 3000 rounds of NATO 124 to shoot with the compsenator, but these subsonic babies should be bunny farts compared to the 124s at 1200 fps.

Thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    The main reason people buy it is because you don't have to worry about chrono stages.

USPSA says the ammo meets power factor and that's that even if it falls slightly short in your particular pistol.
    I don’t think that is the reason, because if so, it would only be used at larger matches that chrono. I think people use it because it is very soft shooting, hits steel hard, and maybe a little because it is lead free.

Unless I am mistaken, I thought American Eagle used Speer primers or another that is not as soft as Federal primers?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Firing pin erosion comes from pierced primers. Run 100 rounds through your pistol and look at all the spent cases. Pierced primers will be obvious.
    Thanks for info, will get in on the deal above and try them out.

I don’t think that is the reason, because if so, it would only be used at larger matches that chrono. I think people use it because it is very soft shooting, hits steel hard, and maybe a little because it is lead free.
    Could be. Never shot it because I roll my own 147 plated Rocky Mountains at 890 fps for a hell of lot less than it.

The only reason I would buy it is to go to a Level II or higher and not sweat chrono.

Could be. Never shot it because I roll my own 147 plated Rocky Mountains at 890 fps for a hell of lot less than it.

The only reason I would buy it is to go to a Level II or higher and not sweat chrono.
    Sweating the chronograph is not something I ever want to do, so my ammo is well over. Even shooting the Syntech 150, I still had to chrono, and was 138 PF at the last area match I was at with it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Sweating the chronograph is not something I ever want to do, so my ammo is well over. Even shooting the Syntech 150, I still had to chrono, and was 138 PF at the last area match I was at with it.
    Point being, what the chrono actually reads is irrelevant if your ammo is on the USPSA certified ammo list here: https://uspsa.org/ammunition

Even if it dribbles out of your gun at 120 PF you're good to go.

My reloads aren't skirting the edge of minor either so I don't have any reason to worry. But if I flew to a major match and had ammo shipped there you bet that it will be from the list.

User Tag List