Thread: Federal 10mm 180gr Trophy Bonded JSP in Clear Ballistics Gel.

Federal 10mm 180gr Trophy Bonded JSP in Clear Ballistics Gel.

Test Gun: Delta Elite
    Barrel length: 5 inches.
    Ammunition: Federal 10mm 180gr Trophy Bonded JSP.
    Test media: 10% Clear Ballistics Gel.
    Distance: 10 feet.
    Chronograph: Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chronograph G2.
    Five shot velocity average: 1216fps
    Gel Temperature 70 degrees.

https://general-cartridge.com/2020/0...allistics-gel/
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Curious if it functions in a Glock 20/29 — didn’t in mine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I didn't expect it to expand in Clear Ballistics gel. Think Andrew who posts on arfcom and YouTube, used to post here some, compared results between it and ordnance gel using this exact load.

Tougher soft points and hollow points just don't get enough resistance with the synthetic stuff unless they are at a blazing speed.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Curious if it functions in a Glock 20/29 — didn’t in mine.
    It runs in my G40 like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    It runs in my G40 like a champ.
    I remember you saying that in the past. In that it is a problem in multiple 20/29 pistols, I can only assume that the larger size of the G40 is the difference.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I remember you saying that in the past. In that it is a problem in multiple 20/29 pistols, I can only assume that the larger size of the G40 is the difference.
    I don’t have any other 10mm pistols to try. The slide on the G40 is noticeably heavier than my G21’s. Not sure how that affects it. I’m also using a 22lb NDZ RSA but the gun worked with that ammo before I installed that.

For reference the neutered factory 180 FMJ ammo often seems to have a difficult time cycling the slide.

I do think you should test one of these! Lol! Takes 10mm Glock mags.
    https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...ubmachine-gun/
    Last edited by El Cid; 02-05-2020 at 09:54 PM.

If I ever convince myself "it'll be different this time" and try a 4th Glock 10mm pistol, it will be a Glock 40.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List