Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reminder: buy from established companies

Reminder: buy from established companies

Be careful! Buy an established brand from a known good dealer like @Hansohn Brothers. This is a lifetime investment due to our retarded NFA. Do not cheap out!

Leviathan suppressors went belly up, left people hanging.

https://www.recoilweb.com/leviathan-...ts-149729.html

Crux just went belly up, posted this on their website. They did this after multiple reports of their serialized tubes splitting exactly where the tubes were engraved, necessitating a whole new can and new tax stamp for the owner.

https://cruxsuppressors.com/

Name:  0C41738E-1699-455A-BBB9-A1F7FF109405.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  2BB094D4-DFCB-47D9-98F5-7F619763EA0A.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  26.9 KB
    #RESIST

All these companies jumping into the game turning out garbage. Sorry to all of those that wasted money on these turds.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Be careful! Buy an established brand from a known good dealer like @Hansohn Brothers. This is a lifetime investment due to our retarded NFA. Do not cheap out!

Leviathan suppressors went belly up, left people hanging.

https://www.recoilweb.com/leviathan-...ts-149729.html

Crux just went belly up, posted this on their website. They did this after multiple reports of their serialized tubes splitting exactly where the tubes were engraved, necessitating a whole new can and new tax stamp for the owner.

https://cruxsuppressors.com/

Name:  0C41738E-1699-455A-BBB9-A1F7FF109405.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  2BB094D4-DFCB-47D9-98F5-7F619763EA0A.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  26.9 KB
    I don't think I'd buy anything from Hansohn. I dont know them, nor have I dealt with them, but I like everything I see from and about them. The issue isnt them, it's their craptastic state and the insecurity if their future availability to their customers.

Name:  Screenshot_20200210-025411_Chrome.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  63.3 KB
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 02-10-2020 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I don't think I'd buy anything from Hansohn. I dont know them, nor have I dealt with them, but I like everything I see from and about them. The issue isnt them, it's their craptastic state and the insecurity if their future availability to their customers.
    Totally understandable. We have been in business for over 10 years now and do not have plans to terminate our business. We will continue to support our customers, and potential customers, for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    Totally understandable. We have been in business for over 10 years now and do not have plans to terminate our business. We will continue to support our customers, and potential customers, for the foreseeable future.
    Not trying to snipe at you at all. I'm honestly worried, since you can't move, about HOW you'd take care of a customer, short of financially, if some of that stuff passes? I've for one enjoyed everything you've done for our community, but it's a nervous thing right now with what they're proposing.

Not trying to snipe at you at all. I'm honestly worried, since you can't move, about HOW you'd take care of a customer, short of financially, if some of that stuff passes? I've for one enjoyed everything you've done for our community, but it's a nervous thing right now with what they're proposing.
    I didn't think you were taking a shot at me. As for us taking care of a customer, I'm confused as to what type of situation you are thinking of.

I didn't think you were taking a shot at me. As for us taking care of a customer, I'm confused as to what type of situation you are thinking of.
    What if a can needs work/recore?

What if a can needs work/recore?
    That would have to go back to the manufacturer, not us. Of course, we could handle it for the customer but we really aren't needed in that scenario. There are also third party gunsmiths that could handle the job, such as ECCO Machine in Colorado. This goes back to the OP's warning about manufacturers.

My only concern is if what happens to my can in jail if this VA BS continues down the current path with suppressors being banned. I'll figure that out with Hansohn Bros if that time comes, I've had a single transaction with HB and I don't doubt they will find a way to make sure I get taken care of. Hopefully I get to buy another suppressor through them come mid year when the new TBAC can is for sale

That would have to go back to the manufacturer, not us. Of course, we could handle it for the customer but we really aren't needed in that scenario. There are also third party gunsmiths that could handle the job, such as ECCO Machine in Colorado. This goes back to the OP's warning about manufacturers.
    Somehow I thought you guys made cans. My error.

User Tag List