Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roku or Fire 4K?

Roku or Fire 4K?

I’m tired of the poor resolution from my older Fire, I thought that the Fire 4K would be an easy choice, but I like the possible Apple TV integration of the Roku.

Firestick 4K

Roku with headphones (intrigued by the headphones)
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Roku.

Fwiw, I believeyyou can use the Roku app to stream sound to your headphones from your phone or tablet....

Please double check me on that... It's been a while since I tried it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I have a first gen Fire Stick or whichever version was available in late 2014. It's a POS and always has been. My Apple TV Gen 3 from a few months earlier is still a much better device. I only need 1080P so both still work for me...but Amazon's device just doesn't measure up and I hear a number of bad things about the current versions.

So, I'd look elsewhere.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I like the Roku interface and remote enough that I use it on my smart TV's.

LL are you not subscribing to a cable/sat company? I’m wanting to get away from satellite and stream but have no clue where to start, I’m not a techy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    LL are you not subscribing to a cable/sat company? I’m wanting to get away from satellite and stream but have no clue where to start, I’m not a techy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, I just do Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime via a device like this.
    #RESIST

Roku

I did Firestick for 3 years. Amazon replaced the remote 3 or 4 times. It was always sketchy.

Roku has been pretty solid. If I had a complaint it's the pre programmed channel buttons on the remote. If I sit on the remote, which I do more often than I should, it'll load up a channel that I never had any interest in watching. Then I suffer the horrible inconvenience of having to exit and reload the channel I was watching.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Roku

I did Firestick for 3 years. Amazon replaced the remote 3 or 4 times. It was always sketchy.

Roku has been pretty solid. If I had a complaint it's the pre programmed channel buttons on the remote. If I sit on the remote, which I do more often than I should, it'll load up a channel that I never had any interest in watching. Then I suffer the horrible inconvenience of having to exit and reload the channel I was watching.
    Yeah life's tuff these days...

I've been using a basic Roku for about a year...no complaints so far. I finally got rid of cable back in Nov and don't miss it much at all...especially the bill!

Now I use Roku paired with a Tablo (dvr) and a leaf HD antenna. We do have Hulu basic and Amazon Prime though.

Roku.

I've had all manners of Fire devices, including the very first Fire TV stick and they all seem to die around year 2.

I currently have an early version of the Fire TV 4k that is acting up again (slow menus, unresponsive remote). I looked back at my order history and this was a replacement to an earlier one that died and we are right at the 2 year mark again.

Also much more app neutral on Roku. Amazon drives you toward their content.

I just bought a Roku Ultra and much prefer now.

Glad this was asked, was wondering myself.

I wish there were more apps for Samsung Smart TVs. I’m interested in subscribing to Shudder.

User Tag List