Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal Weapon Selection

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You can thank wish.com for the auto sears.
    Do they actually work? Just academic curiosity, not "asking for a friend."
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Do they actually work? Just academic curiosity, not "asking for a friend."
    Usually. They get function tested for the NFA prosecutions. They function but these assholes carrying them can’t actually hit anything with them.

Fortunately we don't have a large gang presence in my area. But we do have a large population of gun owners who like to leave weapons in their unlocked vehicles. When I pull a gun off of a criminal, they most often acquired it in a vehicle burglary a few days prior.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If you think a boxcar full will skew the brand numbers you are seriously underestimating the number of guns in criminal hands and the number stolen by other means.

Ruger sells a lot of guns in general and lots of inexpensive guns in particular. Hence it would be expected they would heavily represented. I’ve seen mostly LCPs, LC9s. Ruger P series (p85, P90, P94 etc) used to be common crime guns but have fallen off a bit over the years. Mostly replaced with the SW SD9 and SD 40.
    I was speaking of Chicago and the above-referenced study, only, not the whole country.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    We have seen a noticeable uptick in AK/AR "pistols" used in takeover style robberies.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

If I were king, I would re-orient ATFE to focus their firearms efforts almost exclusively on firearms theft. Finding thieves, busting criminals with stolen guns, and recovering guns for their rightful owners. I'm not a gambler, but I would place big bets on the differences in crimes with guns that could be accomplished.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    I was speaking of Chicago and the above-referenced study, only, not the whole country.
    I’m speaking of Chicago too.

Site Supporter
    This was a pretty ballsy way to acquire guns (at least 39):

In the Sequim break-in, video shows Maillet ramming a backhoe into the doors of the store before breaking the glass display cases and stealing 26 firearms, the release states.

In Bow, surveillance video shows Maillet using a pickup truck to back into the doors of the store, then using a garbage can stolen from the nearby post office to steal 13 rifles.

https://www.goskagit.com/news/local_...98e4a7e64.html

Good for the feds for prosecuting, but I wish he was looking at more time. Six years recommended, with the judge able to sentence up to 10 (according to the article).

There was another (very nice) shop in the area that gotten broken into about a year before, with nothing able to be taken.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/north-sou...nge/695351203/

Site Supporter
    Fascinating. The toy gun trend is alarming. Good to know. Doesn't help that gun manufacturers and distributors are now offering a plethora of unique color options (eggshell glock 42).

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    This was a pretty ballsy way to acquire guns (at least 39):

In the Sequim break-in, video shows Maillet ramming a backhoe into the doors of the store before breaking the glass display cases and stealing 26 firearms, the release states.

In Bow, surveillance video shows Maillet using a pickup truck to back into the doors of the store, then using a garbage can stolen from the nearby post office to steal 13 rifles.

https://www.goskagit.com/news/local_...98e4a7e64.html

Good for the feds for prosecuting, but I wish he was looking at more time. Six years recommended, with the judge able to sentence up to 10 (according to the article).

There was another (very nice) shop in the area that gotten broken into about a year before, with nothing able to be taken.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/north-sou...nge/695351203/
    Driving a vehicle through a store front seemed to be a popular tactic for a bit. I remember reading about a few instances in my corner of the state in the last few years.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List