Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal Weapon Selection

Criminal Weapon Selection

Greg Ellifritz has an interesting article on his blog on criminal weapon selection, based on guns seized from criminals:

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...apon-selection
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I see the Glock fo-tay is popular

This is exactly why I try to convince friends and family to stop carrying the smallest pistol they can shove in their pockets.

The criminals:
    ... Are usually in better physical shape
    ... Have more experiance in extreme violence
    ... Waits for the moment he has max advantage
    ... Are not afraid to kill
    ... Is not constrained by worrying about the laws
    ... Or collateral damage
    ... Often has a full size gun
    ... Often will have buddies with him

And yet they want to further disadvantage themselves by carrying a freaking mouse gun.

Oh well...

Rant over lol.

Site Supporter
    My conclusion is that we are safe from criminals as they won't be accurate given the grip angle.

On another note, I think Greg and others have documented how criminals practice more than police and the average gun toting civilian.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Note "seized from criminals" and "carried by criminals" are not the same thing. Criminals have home defense guns, too. Of course they are not biased toward easily concealable guns. They aren't carrying them most of the time.

That's the advantage of being on offense, you can get your equipment prior to game time. That's the disadvantage of being a felon, you have to decide when it's worth the risk of being made just having the gun. The end result is guns that sit in nearby stashes more often then carried.

As far as criminals "practicing more"...maybe. I'm almost positive that's from self-reporting studies, though, and likely includes going into the alley and cranking off a few random shots. There are exceptions, of course, but most of the shitheads are buying a "clip full" of bullets at a time, they aren't shooting in bulk for practice.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    To the OP

"I see the Glock fo-tay is popular"

I do not understand, what does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    To the OP

The "Glock 40" is a Hi-Point
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

The presence of the Ruger .22 surprised me, perhaps it’s just a function of the gun’s popularity.

That Mossberg Super Soaker.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I see the Glock fo-tay is popular
    Cheap surplus handguns are popular in general. They can be straw purchased cheap at gun shows and non-criminal dumb-asses buy them as "car guns" because they are cheap and the car gun mouth breathers "don't care if it gets stolen because they are cheap." In my world "car guns" is usually the first step to "crime guns."

We saw the same trends with PD trade in revolvers and 9mm's when PD's moved en-mass to .40 in the 1990s.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    To the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post

The "Glock 40" is a Hi-Point
    "Glock 40" or just "Glock" has become a generic term for full sized semi auto pistols on the street like the generic usage of "Uzi" for any assault type pistol or PCC and the use of "Chopper" or "Choppa" has transitioned from Thompson SMGs to AK-47's and is now used for any assault rifle. Bonus point if your "Glock" or "Chopper" has a " 'stendo" (extended magazine) and "Beamz" (laser).

User Tag List