Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloomberg Says He Wants To Ban Guns Holding More Than 3 Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Since the vast majority of executive protection guys are pro gun, I wonder how much hes paying his EP guys to protext him...

Im not sure how much he would have to pay me but it would require a lot of zeros.
    Pretty much why I was never interested in working for the Secret Service, (except for the occasional temporary assignment), or other diplomatic security position. There are few politicians worth the effort, or the boredom (imho).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    What sane person is going to elect another NYC billionaire. You always end up with NYC elitist thinking.

Ironically by electing a NYC billionaire we ended up with the opposite. Perfection? No. Anti-left? Yes.

CWM11B
    So, at the point he said it was stupid to pull a gun on an attacker, would it be safe to say he has given a stand down order to his protective detail in the event he is the "P" in an AOP?
    I really despise this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Since the vast majority of executive protection guys are pro gun, I wonder how much hes paying his EP guys to protext him...

Im not sure how much he would have to pay me but it would require a lot of zeros.
    I don't care how many zero's are on the check. There are some things the almighty dollar can't buy.

I hear time and again how politicians are dumb and just don't know anything about guns to make gun laws. Here is the truth, they know exactly what they are saying and doing, they hope that we the people will be too dumb to understand their logic and not question it. Republican's and Democrats are exactly the same, they are just wolves in sheep's clothing. The end goal is the same in either political party. Like I said before when you vote you are really only deciding which enslavement works best for you.

It is much easier to stage events and scare the populous to willingly want to hand over their guns than it is for them to come and take them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Recall Australia and UK gun owners played the sports card to maintain their guns. Didn't work. Rachel Maddow, a gun fan, says that such guns should be kept locked up at the gun club and just checked out for shooting. That's sports for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The "sporting" stuff is literally out of Nazi Germany.
    The so-called "Bedürfnisprinzip" (need principle) existed before Nazi Germany. It was invented in 1928 in the Weimarer Republic. It means, you must have a reason or - literally - a need, which is acknowledged by the law, in order to legally own a firearm.

In 1976 after RAF attacks, the acknowledged reasons for owning modern firearms were narrowed down mainly to sport shooting and hunting. And so legal firearm owners became an even smaller minority, which is also divided and ruled quite easily. In the following decades, it became harder and harder to be acknowledged as sport shooter and to pass the hunter's exam.

The current tightening of the gun law will soon forbid high-capacity magazines, it has already passed the parliamant. The pseudo-reasoning goes like this: Terrorists could use high-capacity mags in an attack and sport shooters and hunters don't need them. At the same time, the outer borders are wide open and whole AK47s can be smuggled easily into Germany.

So don't let anybody mislead you that only sports and hunting are reasons for firearm owning. These are weak reasons.
    Last edited by P30; 02-04-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Then I'm movin' to Canada if any of them will be who we'll be saddled with. I'll have @misanthropist find me suitable lodgings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Wouldn't mind crashing at the @misanthropist house. I've seen the pictures of the... er... living arrangements.
    Either one of you would be most welcome (at either the Stronghold on the big island or the Holdfast on the little one; both are inviting enough and there is plenty of room) but I feel I should warn you that we are awaiting the declaration of a new Canadian AWB any day now.

Of course the legal battle may drag things out until the next federal election and the largest opposition party has already vowed to undo anything this administration does on that score, but still...what I am saying is that you might need to bring an arsenal with you. I may have a reduced cache when you arrive. Or, at least, the number of firearms which are legally registered in my name may be different than currently, maybe that's a better way to phrase it.

There's nothing civil about this war.

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Either one of you would be most welcome (at either the Stronghold on the big island or the Holdfast on the little one; both are inviting enough and there is plenty of room) but I feel I should warn you that we are awaiting the declaration of a new Canadian AWB any day now.

Of course the legal battle may drag things out until the next federal election and the largest opposition party has already vowed to undo anything this administration does on that score, but still...what I am saying is that you might need to bring an arsenal with you. I may have a reduced cache when you arrive. Or, at least, the number of firearms which are legally registered in my name may be different than currently, maybe that's a better way to phrase it.
    That’s an interesting way to recruit babysitters
    #RESIST

User Tag List