Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloomberg Says He Wants To Ban Guns Holding More Than 3 Rounds

Bloomberg Says He Wants To Ban Guns Holding More Than 3 Rounds

Site Supporter
    How silly. Billionaires should know that only bump stocks should be banned. Trump does go back and forth on various levels of gun control, though. Bloomberg is absolute anti.

If the Democrats could moderate their stance on guns, they would win the next election - but ideological purity prevails.

"You know, on second thought I'd really like to own one of these babies!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    That was pretty bad. I’d vote for Collion.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Collion doesn't get it. Bloomberg was repositioning the argument in front of our eyes. His oft-repeated hunting-related counters are a tactic to make the 2nd amendment about hunting and not defense. While there may be some lack of knowledge involved, this is primarily a debating tactic.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Collion doesn't get it.
    That's nothing new. That dude thinks he's a lot smarter than he actually is; he couldn't argue his way out of a wet paper bag without getting belligerent.

Bloomberg was repositioning the argument in front of our eyes. His oft-repeated hunting-related counters are a tactic to make the 2nd amendment about hunting and not defense. While there may be some lack of knowledge involved, this is primarily a debating tactic.

Chris
    Exactly. When losing a debate, changing what is being debated is a classic tactic.

In this case, transitioning the argument to reflect something that is already a reflection of cultural values works well. What do I mean by that? Every state I've ever seen requires, by law, a plug in a shotgun to limit one to three rounds when bird hunting. Most also have a maximum 5-round capacity for rifles for hunting. It's the failing of the modern sporting rifle argument, when states have existing regulations on the books to limit capacity. It's an easy place to point to and say, "See, look! There is already an ammunition limit in place. That limit has been accepted for generations, therefore it is perfectly valid." - Regardless of whether it is or is not valid, the point is made.

How do you counteract said point? Careful dissection of the debate tactics by the person who changed what is being debated. But you can only do this with someone you're engaged in a dialogue with.

Unfortunately, no one on Youtube is actually debating Bloomberg. They are generating soundbites and generally looking like blowhards.

Site Supporter
    What you mean the modern sporting rifle is a stupid term? Hey, my latest Shooting Illustrated was blabbing about PCCs being a substitute for modern sporting rifles for self-defense! It was good article but the term has to go.

As Kerry said - you don't need an AR-16 with a long clip to go hunting. As Joe Scarborough said - you don't need an assault rifle with a 30 round clip of cop killer bullets to go hunting with your son.

They are tools and not weapons of war, even with a 30 round dingus. Oops, Patton called the 8 shot Garand, the greatest boom boom something of war. Got a picture of Viet Nam with one solider with an M-16) and another with a Garand. I'm so confused.

Recall Australia and UK gun owners played the sports card to maintain their guns. Didn't work. Rachel Maddow, a gun fan, says that such guns should be kept locked up at the gun club and just checked out for shooting. That's sports for you.

Would Mike support concealed carry of https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...k-hand-cannon/ ?

What sane person is going to elect another NYC billionaire. You always end up with NYC elitist thinking.

Last edited by Borderland; 02-04-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    (snip)
    Recall Australia and UK gun owners played the sports card to maintain their guns. Didn't work. Rachel Maddow, a gun fan, says that such guns should be kept locked up at the gun club and just checked out for shooting. That's sports for you.
    The "sporting" stuff is literally out of Nazi Germany.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Would Mike support concealed carry of https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...k-hand-cannon/ ?
    No, Mikey-No-Likey average citizens walking around with guns.
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...uld-have-guns/

“I wasn’t there. I don’t know the facts — that somebody in the congregation had their own gun and killed the person who murdered two other people.

But it’s the job of law enforcement to have guns and to decide when to shoot. You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place.”
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List