Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OWB with retention - glock 43x?

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Safariland ALS is an outstanding system that's very intuitive, safe, secure and fast. There is a new version soon to be released: https://www.safariland.com/products/...7.html#start=1
    I'm sure the initial offerings will include many of the most popular GLOCKs including the 43X...
    That new ALS looks awesome. My biggest complaint of the current version is that it sticks out like a sore thumb. I looks like you are hiding a VHS tape under your shirt. This should hold tighter to the body. Just checked the press release, it will be available for the 17/19, but not the smaller glocks. It also says the P2000, P320 and 320C, M&P FS, and PPQ.

I will grab one for the Glock and the 320. I do wish they had it for the 365. I carry that IWB 95% of the time, but occasionally need to OWB, and have yet to find a holster i like OWB for that small gun.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 02-05-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    That new ALS looks awesome... Just checked the press release, it will be available for the 17/19, but not the smaller glocks. It also says the P2000, P320 and 320C, M&P FS, and PPQ...
    I also just found the press release from Safariland and see no mention of the sub-compact SIGs and GLOCKs... Interesting that they are not (YET?) mentioned. I'd implore Safariland to most definitely include to G43/G43X/G48, SIG 365/365XL and Springfield Hellcat lines ASAP, as these pistols are currently the rage, especially in ban states that dictate 10 round magazines...

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    I also just found the press release from Safariland and see no mention of the sub-compact SIGs and GLOCKs... Interesting that they are not (YET?) mentioned. I'd implore Safariland to most definitely include to G43/G43X/G48, SIG 365/365XL and Springfield Hellcat lines ASAP, as these pistols are currently the rage, especially in ban states that dictate 10 round magazines...
    I agree.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The Bianchi Carry Lock is one of the most concealable OWB retention holsters out there. THe wide belt loops really pull the gun in tight. As long as you can get used to the retention release (and those of us old farts who grew up on a Safariland 070 level 3 can), it is great.
    http://www.safariland.com/products/h...ter-10870.html

I like this new ALS with wide belt loops better. I really hope they get this right.

Side note: as mentioned above, the GLS is just not a good set up for "retention". Its OK for walking and climbing tree stands, but not good at all in a tussle/grab.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    I’m betting the above holster will end up having an edition for the 43x, 48.

Another thing I wonder if we will see happen is the ALS coming out in a duty holster for the 48.

User Tag List