Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OWB with retention - glock 43x?

OWB with retention - glock 43x?

My uncle is looking for an owb holster for his 43x. He wants something with retention - whether a thumb break or otherwise. So far i see safariland has the 7371 7ts with the als. He was leaning toward leather but I think I could convince him toward kydex.

It will mainly play the role of a way to carry when he is in the woods or out in the field. He wants retention for when climbing tree stands, clearing fences or other terrain, or while going through brush etc...I haven't seen much at the usual suspects but it was a quick cursory check. I'm not as knowledgeable in this side of the holster market. I'll do more searching this week but figured PF could save me some time and also let me know of options I may miss.

What are you guys using?
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

That Safariland 7TS w/paddle is a definite accessory for my 43 when I carry on the belt. We have a couple of instructors who carry a 43X-works for them.
    So, recommended; you might consider the belt loops for a little extra security.

If it were me, I would just get the safariland and be done with it. But while perusing today, so far i have found the Galco Fletch and Wraith(fletch looks fine - wraith looks like garbage) and the Desantis thumb break mini slide for the 43x or the thumb break scabbard for a 48, which should also work for the 43x. Anybody with experience using these options?
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    That Safariland 7TS w/paddle is a definite accessory for my 43 when I carry on the belt. We have a couple of instructors who carry a 43X-works for them.
    This, all the way. ALS is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    This for me when I’m OWBing, too. I prefer the newer, smaller belt loop plate with mine.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Safariland ALS is an outstanding system that's very intuitive, safe, secure and fast. There is a new version soon to be released: https://www.safariland.com/products/...7.html#start=1
    I'm sure the initial offerings will include many of the most popular GLOCKs including the 43X...

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Safariland ALS is an outstanding system that's very intuitive, safe, secure and fast. There is a new version soon to be released: https://www.safariland.com/products/...7.html#start=1
    I'm sure the initial offerings will include many of the most popular GLOCKs including the 43X...
    I’m looking forward to that 637, and hope they expand beyond the full size service pistols listed.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Safariland 571 is my recommendation. Very easy to put on, fast draw when needed without any unique practice dedicated towards it, easy/quick to take off but will stay on till you want it off, pistol will be secure during all of it. GLS Pro Fit series is all I use OWB anymore. $40 multiple places.

http://www.safariland.com/product/po...ntion-571.html

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Finally! That looks ideal for my G19. I carry OWB primarily, so this will be a welcome holster for me. I've always been concerned with retention when carrying OWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    Safariland 571 is my recommendation. Very easy to put on, fast draw when needed without any unique practice dedicated towards it, easy/quick to take off but will stay on till you want it off, pistol will be secure during all of it. GLS Pro Fit series is all I use OWB anymore. $40 multiple places.

http://www.safariland.com/product/po...ntion-571.html
    The one big complaint I have against GLS is that they provide zero retention against snatches. Great field holsters, though... like what the OP’s uncle is looking for.
    Ken

User Tag List