Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally Took the Revolver Plunge...

First get the terminology right, one doesn't "plunge" into revolver land, one "ascends" into glorious revolver useage

Then learn to count to 6.
    Then lay a dime flat on top of revolver and practice smooth DA trigger pulls.
    Then practice reloads with dummy rounds.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Not even sure that was English

Au contraire... I learned "gubbinses" from watching Top Gear.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    This. And...

Safariland L-frame Smith speedloaders work great.

Ammo wise, you can scale from 148 grain wadcutters to 180 or even 200 grain rhino rollers.

148 grain wadcutters feel like shooting a .22. They are a great choice for recoil sensitive shooters. They are great for small game as well.

The 135 grain .38 Special +P Gold Dot Short Barrel has great performance and very mild recoil.

The 125 grain Golden Saber .357 Mag load is a ".357 Magnum lite" load that basically recreates hot 9mm P ballistics.

Federal's American Eagle 158 grain JSP has been very reliable and accurate for me. This is a great choice for backwoods carry.

I like my Simply Rugged holster. It actually works well as an OWB and IWB holster.

I did install a Wolf spring kit, which was pretty easy. That and a bunch of dry fire has given me a very serviceable trigger.
    Leather like Simply Rugged would be might cool.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I love my jmcustom aiwb. My m66 is my most comfortable gun to carry.

I think a safariland comp2 in my right front pocket and speed strip in my left rear pocket is the best way for me to carry ammo.

Reload speed compared to autos is not real close but imo can be fast enough for real world threats.

The short barrel can still be accurate as well. Your WC will still shoot like a full sized gun like my 2.75" m66

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I love my jmcustom aiwb. My m66 is my most comfortable gun to carry.

I think a safariland comp2 in my right front pocket and speed strip in my left rear pocket is the best way for me to carry ammo.

Reload speed compared to autos is not real close but imo can be fast enough for real world threats.

The short barrel can still be accurate as well. Your WC will still shoot like a full sized gun like my 2.75" m66
    Damn Gunnybear! Been hitting them squats!
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Damn Gunnybear! Been hitting them squats!

The never ending search of pants that fit

Congratulations; enjoy! It looks like you have received good advice, thus far.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Great choice. I have nothing to add, what those folks above said. Dry fire practice will help a lot.

Site Supporter

38/357 ammo cost

Factory 38/357 ammo is inexplicably expensive. I recommend a reloader or a very healthy bank account.

As OJ said, dry fire. A lot.

Do the drywall drill: just aim at a white wall and work on getting the shot to break without disturbing the sight picture.

User Tag List