Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally Took the Revolver Plunge...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    As OJ said, dry fire. A lot.

Do the drywall drill: just aim at a white wall and work on getting the shot to break without disturbing the sight picture.
    A dozen A-zoom snap caps and you can also practice reloading.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    A dozen A-zoom snap caps and you can also practice reloading.
    Trick I use is to buy some ST Action dummy rounds (with the nice brass/nickel cases) and fill the primer pocket with some RTV slicone. Boom, homemade snap caps
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Factory 38/357 ammo is inexplicably expensive. I recommend a reloader or a very healthy bank account.
    Reloading will save you a bunch, for sure. If you can deal with the extra cleaning, lead .358 diameter bullets can be loaded in salvaged or saved cases for about $6/50 rounds. Plated or jacketed projectiles are a bit more expensive.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Trick I use is to buy some ST Action dummy rounds (with the nice brass/nickel cases) and fill the primer pocket with some RTV slicone. Boom, homemade snap caps
    I prefer the A-Zoom as the rims are dark red and can't be confused with loaded ammunition.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I prefer the A-Zoom as the rims are dark red and can't be confused with loaded ammunition.
    Good point
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    I recommend a reloader or a very healthy bank account.
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Reloading will save you a bunch, for sure.
    If a fella didn't reload and ever considered reloading, 38/357 sure would be a reason to start.

Cost is one thing, but it also enables taking a 125g bullet from about 850fps in 38 to 1600fps in 357.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I only use them in rimmed-cartridge revolvers. In semis or other cartridges that headspace on the case mouth, they can leave anodized chips in the chamber that get hammered off the headspacing feature. Dragging anodized anything down the barrel is liable to leave a mark, as anodizing is simply aluminum oxide - the same stuff they make sandpaper out of.

I'm still looking for a good conversion coating that will turn brass blue or green in a durable, non-scratchable way. Haven't found it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    If a fella didn't reload and ever considered reloading, 38/357 sure would be a reason to start.

Cost is one thing, but it also enables taking a 125g bullet from about 850fps in 38 to 1600fps in 357.
    It turns out flame cutting doesn't really care how strong a revolver's frame is. The flame only sees the surface of the metal.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Hizzie, please forgive my "edit"

Tony is the man for GP100 AIWB Kydex. In fact, Tony is the man for ALL things Kydex. (FIFY)

I've seen disassembly videos, and that seems pretty straightforward. Are there any guides for cleaning/lubing?
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I've seen disassembly videos, and that seems pretty straightforward. Are there any guides for cleaning/lubing?
    https://www.sp101trigger.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List