Thread: Green dot vs red Holosun 510

Green dot vs red Holosun 510

I want a Holosun 510 for my PCC, does anyone have any experience using the green reticle compared to the red?
    I am leaning toward getting the green but was curious if anyone had used one.
    I fear ordering the latest and greatest only to be disappointed. I am concerned that the green might wash out in the bright sunlight that I generally shoot in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven T View Post
    I want a Holosun 510 for my PCC, does anyone have any experience using the green reticle compared to the red?
    I am leaning toward getting the green but was curious if anyone had used one.
    I fear ordering the latest and greatest only to be disappointed. I am concerned that the green might wash out in the bright sunlight that I generally shoot in.
    I have both and prefer red so I can also run a green visible laser and not be confused as to which is which.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Had not considered a green laser, but...Now that you mention it. Red it is! Thanks!

Never looked through a green-reticle RDS, but I can tell you that green FO front sights disappear for me.

I'm not sure why, but it seems that this is a very eyesight dependent thing. If you buy a green one, I'd make sure first to buy from some place with an ironclad return policy.

GJM's point of running a green laser never occurred to me, but once I thought about it I ordered red. Now I'll probably have to buy a damn green laser. Oh well after a Holosun 510 and a Glock 43x today whats a little more money.

I've not looked through either of these, but I tend to keep all my dots red for commonality.

I also think it depends on where you live. I live in Central Florida, where it's green everywhere outside for 12 months out of the year. I've looked through plenty of Trijicon Accupoints with green reticles and I lose the dots quickly.

Same reason I like the TLR-8GA on a pistol with a red dot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List