Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The state of Wyoming is closed today

The state of Wyoming is closed today

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    Nice job keeping the rubber side down!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

So much for that Amazon order. Thanks, Wyoming.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I wish they would stop reporting this. Every time I bring up moving back home to Wyoming my wife brings up the weather.

Kudos to the driver for keeping it upright. That's some good big rig handling. When I worked in the southwestern part of the state high winds were the norm, regardless of the season. If we had a forecast for say, 50-60mph winds, there were sections of highway I could just go sit and wait at since a semi was sure to be blown over. Thanks for reminding me why I don't miss that.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Yes, the weather truly sucks in Wyoming. I think everyone who isn't already there should stay far, far away.

(That's one of the reasons it's a nice place to be.)

I found the logo on the back slightly ironic. If he was actual hauling a truckload, he wouldn't be nearly in the predicament that he's in.

If he had made it, no one would say a thing. Terrible decision making not to stop. If you're getting blown over, it's happening anyways. He could have very easily gone into on coming traffic, there's no driving skill in any of that, he's just along for the ride.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

I am buried in today. Deep snow on the ground, more coming down. Everything closed. This looks like its going to be a nasty one for a day or two.

I'm groceried up, plenty of good reads on tap and a dog that thinks this weather is just dandy. So FTW, I'm relaxin' back with a hot toddy

The truck the Amazon driver passed at the 11 sec mark didn't seem to be having wind difficulty. And neither did the truck in the opposing lanes (across the median) at 24 sec. There seems like something more is going on.

Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    If he had made it, no one would say a thing. Terrible decision making not to stop. If you're getting blown over, it's happening anyways. He could have very easily gone into on coming traffic, there's no driving skill in any of that, he's just along for the ride.

There are way to many variables here to make any definitive statements. Without knowing the experience level of the driver(s), weight in the trailer, weight distribution in the trailer, etc, it could very well be simply beyond his control. Trucks can be blown over even when they’re stopped, and the gust that got him was pretty impressive. Combined with possible icing, it’s really hard to say that he should have stopped, obviously, HE should have, but there is no way to know that until after the fact, especially when the roads aren’t closed.

What I will say is this: I don’t typically think Amazon contracts pay all that well, so won’t attract the...most professional fleets. And in windy conditions, the tandems on the trailer could be slid back a bit more to make the trailer a wee bit more stable (although possibly violating the weight/bridge laws of the state, which is its own issue...).

User Tag List