Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AIMPOINT ACRO P-1 Torture Test

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    What did this guy do that Aaron Cowan didn't already do...
    be in Delta Force

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    be in Delta Force
    Irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Well one huge difference is a that Vickers is testing the revised ACRO, Cowhan has the original one that didn’t have easily replaceable protective windows.
    That's a difference for sure. Huge? Disagree. Anyway, did Aimpoint fix the dismal battery life yet?

Irrelevant
    That unit does equipment testing for the Department of Defense, in laboratories equipped with first class scientific nerds.

Sage Dynamics methodology = 'hold my beer'

That unit does equipment testing for the Department of Defense, in laboratories equipped with first class scientific nerds.

1. Vickers is making a video for Youtube, not testing optics as part of some DoD procurement project.

2. If you watched the Sage Dynamics Acro video, or any of his PMO testing videos, you cant possibly say this Vickers video is more rigorous testing.
    For example, Cowan actually shoots the gun before and after from a rest at a paper target to test zero shift. Vickers shoots what looks like a 4" group from 15 yards offhand. By the end of the video he shoots a similar size group which is significantly low left of the first group. Im not saying the Acro lost zero, just pointing out the video was less of a test and more of a commercial.

The replaceable front lens is badass though.
    Last edited by TicTacticalTimmy; 02-08-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Stop being a fanboy and follow what we're talking about. What Larry Vickers did 30 years plus ago has nothing to do with him driving a truck over a pistol with a red dot, tossing it in the mud, and then shooting it.

Someone else already explained why Aaron Cowan's testing methods are a cut above most every other youtube personalties' so I won't belabor the point.

In any case, I'm pretty sure OD-D doesn't actually have labs for instrumented firearms life cycle testing. I'm pretty sure DoD uses other facilities for that or subcontracts commercial testing firms to do it.

That's a difference for sure. Huge? Disagree. Anyway, did Aimpoint fix the dismal battery life yet?
    Not sure why it added in huge, but it’s enough of an evolutionary change. Who gives a shit of more than one person made a review? Nobody is forcing you to watch it.

What did this guy do that Aaron Cowan didn't already do to it?
    Larry was dropping aimpoints out of helicopters long before Aaron had a youtube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    Larry was dropping aimpoints out of helicopters long before Aaron had a youtube channel.
    A test without repeatable, consistent methodology is worthless no matter how long ago it was done, or by whom.

User Tag List