Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What are your current concealed carry/nightstand options and thoughts?

Current thoughts...

Glock pistols in 9mm. Various sizes for various tasks (45/19/43).

Name:  s-l225.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  6.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Full size: Government model .45 ACP. I have more of them than any other type gun. I carry them and compete with them. My single stack gun is a Springfield RO with a fixed Harrison duty sight and a Dawson ICE magwell. Loaded with 230 gr. HST +P they're known to have excellent performance. Springs are all the same, triggers are all short. Playing around with arched vs flat MSH. Doesn't really matter. I'm partial to Pachmayr Wrap-around grips. Most of them are guns that I've either built myself (the one in the photo) or modded extensively (my single stack rig).

Compact: Commander in 9mm. It backs up my minor power factor Single Stack pistol. Something about the Commander just carries so well.

Subcompact: I do not trust subcompact 1911s. They're almost always plagued by reliability woes. I happened into a M&P9 TS model that was chopped to subcompact grip. It conceals as well as any G26 or M&P9C. It has a thumb safety like my 1911s. This is good.

Pocket: I have two pocket guns.
    The Ruger LCP custom is smaller than any other gun I own and disappears in literally any pair of pants I own. It has been totally reliable for me and out to ten yards, easy to shoot.

The 638 serves as a niche gun. It goes into a coat pocket when I'm out and about in colder months. If it's cold out, I don't want to fumble with my jacket, sweater, and shirt to get to the Colt. I can keep my hand on a gun if there's trouble. And it won't jam if I fire it through my coat. When the coat comes off or I expect to remove it soon, I just belt the gun using the little clipdraw dingus or I won't have the LCP and I'll just pocket the J frame in my jeans if they have big enough pockets.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Nightstand: Glock 17 Gen 5 with Surefire X300. This one feels the best in my hands.

Casual Carry: Glock 19 Gen 3 with grip work done by Cold Bore Customs.

Work Carry: Glock 26 Gen 5

Alternative Carry: Springfield Armory 1911 RO Elite Champion(4in Barrel)

Work/summer: P365
    Hoodie/jacket: Glock 19.5 ameriglo
    Nightstand: Glock 19.5 ameriglo and TLR8

Is it heresy to carry Glock and Sig? I feel like I’ll be crucified by this forum.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post

Is it heresy to carry Glock and Sig? I feel like I’ll be crucified by this forum.
    As a Sig-not-like-mucher, I have to admit nothing else really fits the P365's niche right now but the Springfield Hellcat.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I've been testing a TLR8-GA on one of my P-07s, and like it quite a bit. It's got me thinking seriously about using just one gun for CCW, backcountry use, and home defense:

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

G17 with X300Ua for work
    G19 for when I CCW and think I might need a gun
    G21 with old X200 for nightstand
    G43 with TLR6? for not carrying a gun, gun, soon to be replaced by a no-lock S&W MP 340

Unless in an airport or jail, I am never not armed

Full size - LTT PX4 Carry

Compact - LTT PX4 compact carry

Subcompact - P365 or PPS M2 but rarely carry either

Bedside - Have small safe in closet about 10 feet from my bed, with PX4's and LTT Elite 92. Have them there as I have slept-walked in the past and would tend not to have a gun in a drawer I could open so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post

Yes, you fucking heathen. Somebody get me my nails. No, my good nails.

If you want to see crucified, hold my beer: "I'm debating replacing the stock sights on my G26." Hey, I hit what I'm shooting at and they've never broken, why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I've been testing a TLR8-GA on one of my P-07s, and like it quite a bit. It's got me thinking seriously about using just one gun for CCW, backcountry use, and home defense:

You indicate the CZ for backcountry. How is it in adverse conditions and covered in dirt? Solid?

User Tag List