Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your current concealed carry/nightstand options and thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    1. Glock 48
    2. Glock 48
    3. Glock 48
    4. Glock 48
    5. Glock 48
    I hope you're just making a point about how great the Glock 48 pistol is (unless you really have five of them of course).
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

My primary carry guns are a Gen4 Glock 19 and a Gen4 Glock 26. The only modifications from their factory configurations are three dot night sights with high visibility front sights and grip plugs. If my job allowed it, they’d also have Gadgets. Sadly, that’s not an option. When belt carrying either gun, I use either a DSG Orion or a Tenicor Velo AIWB holster, depending on the spacing of the belt loops on my pants. The G19 is also my bedside gun. My EDC handheld flashlight comes out of my pants pocket and joins the holstered G19 on my nightstand. I do not own a WML compatible holster and am not comfortable keeping a loaded, unholstered pistol on the nightstand which is why the G19 doesn’t wear a WML for nightstand duty. Later this year, I might snag a Streamlight TLR7A and a corresponding holster. I’d like to see if I can carry the gun AIWB with a small WML and the TLR7A seems to be the best overall option for that. The G26 serves as my primary home defense firearm because it’s always in my pocket while I’m at home. I use an AHolster pocket holster. The G26 also serves as a backup gun in a Galco Ankle Glove ankle holster at work.

The G19 is carried with a 15 round magazine loaded and a 17 round magazine as a reload. When on pocket or ankle duty, the G26 has a flush fitting 10 round magazine loaded. When I travel, I don’t like to bring multiple handguns so if I’m going on a work trip, I take the G19. If it’s a personal trip, I take the G26. If the G26 is my primary, such as when I’m on personal travel, it is loaded with a 12 round magazine (OEM Glock +2 extension). The 17 round magazine is still carried as the reload. I also bring along one of the 10 round mags to be used when at the location I’m sleeping at as the gun goes back to pocket duty. I’d like to pick up a 24 round Glock magazine that will become the primary reload magazine once vetted. I use a DSG Koala magazine pouch to carry my reload and the 24 round magazine should fit just fine if I move the depth adjustment screw lower.

These two handguns do practically everything I need handguns to do. Due to the nature of my career, I don’t generally have to deal with NPEs; legal, social or otherwise. I can even exercise in public environments wearing those guns. I normally use regular shorts with a belt instead of athletic shorts when working out and have regularly run 5-6 miles at a time with a G19 or G26 carried AIWB.

I have a couple of spare G19s. I do not yet have a spare G26. That’s on the list to purchase at some point, along with the other things I’ve already mentioned. If, for some reason, I was legally, practically or financially limited to owning two handguns, I think I could get by just fine with a G19 and a G26.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Primary/Urban carry - Walther P99/PPQ

Hunting/Outdoors/Doomsday gat - Glock 35 MOS with 40 and 9 barrel, spare G17 slide, many o'mags. Likely soon add 357 barrel for fun.

Hunting/Outdoors/Nightstand type - USP 45's.

Just putting the large beavertail backstrap on G35 after chopping half of it off and rounding with sandpaper made it point exactly like everything else for me and pretty much eliminate slide bite. Still actually brushes skin from time to time and can't shoot it with most winter gloves. German guns reign supreme for great ergos and function regardless what you have on your hands or how they are gripped.

Have Beretta M9A1, CZ SP01, etc. for sentimental reasons, range fun, loaners, etc.

What are your current concealed carry/nightstand options and thoughts?

I want the skill development from USPSA practice and competition to apply to my carry gun. When I shot Glocks in competition, I carried a G19. When I used p320s, I carried a p320c. After switching to CZ Shadow2s 3 years ago, I've been carrying a P-07 with a CGW Prograde Kit. DA: 8.5 lbs, SA: 3.5 lbs.

Even though the P-07 is much lighter and smaller than a S2, it feels very natural in my hands. I've compared drill scores between competition and carry guns, and they're not that different.

I just bought a Streamlight TLR-8ag, and will put that on a P-07 as my home defense handgun. If I like it, I may even carry it--if I can get a JMCK holster for it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    I hope you're just making a point about how great the Glock 48 pistol is (unless you really have five of them of course).
    They are indeed great, but I am a firm believer in one gun for everything. I don’t just carry it, I compete with and train with it.
    #RESIST

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    (unless you really have five of them of course).
    Maybe he just has five nightstands.

1. Gen 3 G19 with +2 mag extension and Nightstick TCM-550XL WML (nightstand)
    2. G48
    3. G48
    4. G43
    5. Ruger LCP II

Most carried is a Glock 17K

It's the nightstand gun at work.

There's a 17 w/X300 in the bedside safe at home.

I occasionally carry a regular 17 or a 43.

The primary gun at home is a Colt 6920 though.

Vending Machine Operator

What are your current concealed carry/nightstand options and thoughts?

For the last 2 years or so:

Nightstand - G17 Gen 4 with Streamlight TLR-1 HL, Daniel Defense AR in the closet.

Carry (Non-permissive environments, ultra light clothes) - Ruger LCP

Carry (light/medium clothes) - S&W Shield M2.0 with factory night sights 9mm

Carry (heavy clothes) and Travel - S&W M2.0 Compact 4” 9mm (soon going to be temporarily replaced with G19 Gen5 with Ameriglo Agents so I can try out the platform)

Carry round for all 9mms is 147-grain HST, for the LCP it’s FMJ

I’ve never had an issue with any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Bedside gun: Colt Rail Gun 45 with TLR-1HL

Carry gun: Colt Special Combat Government 45

Carry a Colt 38 Super sometimes, and am liking it more and more.

User Tag List