Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karrying the Kahr

I don't want to derail this thread, so if any staff want to start a new thread, I'll do so.

I'm curious to hear about current reliability with K9's and P9's. I carried a K9 for a while back in the late 90's and found it to be a superb gun. I've since heard that current QC is not up to par, but I have no experience of my own. It seems that a bunch of forum members own and shoot this gun, so I'd like to hear just how good they are today. A CW9 (is that the cheaper one?) passed through my hands about a year ago, and though I didn't shoot it, it seemed reasonably well made. Thoughts? Experiences?

I have a CW9 with a few hundred rounds through it and it's been 100%.
    My PM9 has well over 1k rounds downrange with zero malfunctions.
    From the reading I do on the Kahr forums, the majority of issues are shooter induced.
    The biggest one is people insisting on overhand racking the slide when the owners manual specifies using the slide release lever. They then bitch when they get a feed ramp nose dive.
    For some reason people seem to install the recoil spring backwards as well, which causes malfunctions.
    The other big issue I see is with the extended magazines.
    They don't work.
    I have no idea why Kahr even puts them in the box.

Assemble your gun correctly (Todd does NOT need to own a Kahr ).
    Only use the flush fit magazines.
    Chamber the first round with the slide release lever.

About four years ago my brother in law and another friend bought CW9's and they are very happy with them. They don't shoot them a lot, about 250 rounds a year, but have had no issues. There was one complaint I saw on a forum last year about one that was having issues out of the box but the factory took care of it.

I have a K9, not sure as to the year of manufacture because I picked it up used, that runs like a top. The same goes for the E9 I have had since the late 90's which has been thoroughly abused yet keeps on going.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I don't want to derail this thread,
    Not at all. Personally, I'm keen to soak up any info on the Kahrs. My K9 is a Circa 1998 model, so hopefully pre-dates any QC issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The biggest one is people insisting on overhand racking the slide when the owners manual specifies using the slide release lever.
    I honestly had no idea that this was an issue. I have always been trained to overhand rack the slide on an auto. I'll need to change this approach with the Kahr

IWB Holster

I just ordered another Kholster for my CW9 w/CT laserguard..I really like these holsters.. Made very well and comfortable at a reasonable price $50.. For a discount use this code 12-7334 in the special instruction box for 10% off..

User Tag List