Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington kills off DPMS and Bushmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I assume Magpul still owes the design
    That's a questionable assumption. It's just as likely they sold the rights to Remington/Bushmaster, in which case they have no claim on them any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    the "Massoud" (Fox 42) is awesome .
    Don't see that for sale anywhere: https://kineticresearchgroup.com/pro...esandtriggers/

There are a number of reasons the ACR failed. Remember the "Hitler finds out about the ACR" video?

https://youtu.be/BB0Pu-rvFjs

Pretty much still true ten years later.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “It might as well have been made by H&K.” Got me.

Especially since you can get an MR556 for less than an ACR.

-

Adios Bushmaster, Adios DPMS, can we also say Adios to Remington’s mediocre line of AR15s?

Let’s get back where we need to be. Remington making good variants of the 700 and the 870. And then we’ll figure out the other pieces as they fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Let’s get back where we need to be. Remington making good variants of the 700 and the 870. And then we’ll figure out the other pieces as they fall into place.
    Plenty of good options in the bolt gun market although not as many nowadys for the pump 12g.

Maybe Remington itself is circling the drain?

Remington making good variants of the 700 and the 870. And then we’ll figure out the other pieces as they fall into place.
    That idea won't get serious consideration until Cerberus/Freedom/Remington Outdoor finally hits a bankruptcy they can't recover from (at which point it will be too late). They're in this to cash in on the brand name for all its worth with as little additional investment as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Its only out for beta testing right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Plenty of good options in the bolt gun market
    That's actually my point, The Remington 700 was the bolt gun of choice for decades, it practically created the market or served as the basis for it.

Remington should work to recapture the top spot in that market.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Its only out for beta testing right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    It's only been four years since the prototypes were shown at SHOT.......

That's actually my point, The Remington 700 was the bolt gun of choice for decades, it practically created the market or served as the basis for it.

Remington should work to recapture the top spot in that market.
    Not meaning to argue with you but I don't know what else Remington could do.

They already make the 700 in a bunch of varieties to include actions for custom gunsmiths. I think they've probably squeezed about all the blood out of the 700.

Not meaning to argue with you but I don't know what else Remington could do.
    They could start by machining and assembling the actions with much more precision and repeatability.

They could follow up with models aimed at growing markets such as precision rifle sports. Their PCR needs serious revamping.

They could add features such as nut-headspaced user-replaceable barrels.

They could stop the race to the bottom with ever cheaper versions of the 700.

They could start installing triggers that break crisply at a reasonable weight.

IMO, Remington is even more clueless and rudderless than Colt which is saying something.

User Tag List