Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a D (DAO) Beretta 92 Centurion. How do I make it happen?

Probably unlikely, but maybe we could do a group buy (I know...these never go well)?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Can the Beretta factory do these conversions? Any Beretta smiths do them?

I know about the Langdon DAO pic , but that was a one time special deal.
    Full size 92 Centurion slides as well as compact with fixed front sight, can be found. (forums, gun parts places, etc)
    The issue I see and why I say enjoy a current model and ignore the levers, is finding a slide with a replaceable front sight. At some point, you might end up with a fixed sight model and sending it to Amerigun to have them cut the groove.

Site Supporter
    I had a DAO and regret selling it. I shot it extremely well. To me they make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I bought a 96D and dropped in a 92 barrel and mag. Has run 100% so far. But 96Ds are not as easy to find as once upon a time.

I have a 90-TWO I have considered converting to D for a house gun.
    Wow, that is very cool! I did not know that.

I have a spare 92FS barrel. A buddy has a 96D. If I swap barrel, it will work? he's been trying to sell it to me, and this could work out well for both of us.

Thanks again, that's really neat!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Wow, that is very cool! I did not know that.

I have a spare 92FS barrel. A buddy has a 96D. If I swap barrel, it will work? he's been trying to sell it to me, and this could work out well for both of us.

Thanks again, that's really neat!
    I don’t know if I would carry it for defense. Mine has run just fine, but you have breach face cut for .40, and extractor set up for .40... but it seems to run fine for me. Just like a conversion barrel for a Glock. I do it because the .40 beast the Beretta pretty bad. Even though I have a Brig slide that’s made to handle the .40, I just find it more pleasant to in 9mm.

Ask him if you can borrow his 96D... drop I. Your barrel and give it a run. See what you think.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    I've been working on a 92D Compact frankengun for awhile. M9A1 Compact frame w/ the grip serrations and rail, mated to a 92D Centurion / Compact slide. Sear removed, D hammer. I think the only thing lacking right now is a rear sight...this reminds me I need to get off a $10 bill and pick up a used sight.

The D series of the 9x pistols has an excellent, excellent trigger. I've had a couple of the full-size and Centurion D models for awhile. The trigger is comparable to a factory S&W revolver DA trigger. The only thing keeping it from being absolutely perfect is a very slight pressure increase that can be felt when the firing pin block begins to raise. It is completely unlike the DA pull in a DA/SA 9x gun.

The slick slide is nice for carry, too.
    Last edited by Welder; 02-03-2020 at 08:57 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I've been working on a 92D Compact frankengun for awhile. M9A1 Compact frame w/ the grip serrations and rail, mated to a 92D Centurion / Compact slide. Sear removed, D hammer. I think the only thing lacking right now is a rear sight...this reminds me I need to get off a $10 bill and pick up a used sight.

The D series of the 9x pistols has an excellent, excellent trigger. I've had a couple of the full-size and Centurion D models for awhile. The trigger is comparable to a factory S&W revolver DA trigger. The only thing keeping it from being absolutely perfect is a very slight pressure increase that can be felt when the firing pin block begins to raise. It is completely unlike the DA pull in a DA/SA 9x gun.

The slick slide is nice for carry, too.
    I don't see a 92X D model listed on Beretta's site, what is the model number of your 92X D Centurion ? Thanks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    I don't see a 92X D model listed on Beretta's site, what is the model number of your 92X D Centurion ? Thanks
    There are no 92x D models. He was making a fraken gun and/or using the x as a place holder.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    There are no 92x D models. He was making a fraken gun and/or using the x as a place holder.
    Correct. Keeps me from having to say "92 and 96" every time I'm trying to talk about the 90 series. But I forgot about the new X models and understand the confusion.

I bought an old 92D Compact / Centurion slide, used, sans rear sight. I bought a used Inox M9A1 Compact frame, removed the sear, and put a D hammer in it. Put an old style Elite extended mag release in it. Poof, a compact 92D with the modern serrated grip and rail that I much prefer. Idk when the last D models were made, but it's probably been quite awhile. My newest dates to 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    Correct. Keeps me from having to say "92 and 96" every time I'm trying to talk about the 90 series. But I forgot about the new X models and understand the confusion.

I bought an old 92D Compact / Centurion slide, used, sans rear sight. I bought a used Inox M9A1 Compact frame, removed the sear, and put a D hammer in it. Put an old style Elite extended mag release in it. Poof, a compact 92D with the modern serrated grip and rail that I much prefer. Idk when the last D models were made, but it's probably been quite awhile. My newest dates to 2004.
    I understand now, just didn't know the lingo.

I guess I was hoping my dreams came in and there was a 92X Centurion D no rail. Thanks TBone !

User Tag List