Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a D (DAO) Beretta 92 Centurion. How do I make it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Why replace the hammer? The one mentioned already having a bobbed hammer. If the sear is removed, the sear notch shouldn’t matter, right?
    Right. No need to replace the hammer. Just remove the sear and install a "D" spring to bring down the trigger pull.

Oh, wait. According to the LTT website, the compact is a "G" model. In that case, it wouldn't make any sense to have a double action with a decock only.
    Last edited by 5pins; 02-02-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

It might also be worth switching to the D-style single piece firing pin. It requires less impact from the hammer to achieve reliability in ignition, so you can step down in the hammer spring further than possible in a FS/G gun.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    It might also be worth switching to the D-style single piece firing pin. It requires less impact from the hammer to achieve reliability in ignition, so you can step down in the hammer spring further than possible in a FS/G gun.
    Doesn’t the slide dictate which firing pin can be used?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    It was at the local gun shop today when I saw a Langdon tactical compact with a bobbed hammer and for second thought it was a double action only model. I was preparing whatever lies I was going to need to tell my wife about the credit card when I realized it was not a double action model but just a Bobbed Hammer da/Sa model. If I went ahead and bought it what would I need to change it to a D model?
    Why replace the hammer? The one mentioned already having a bobbed hammer. If the sear is removed, the sear notch shouldn’t matter, right?
    Order from LTT a Centurion and ask them to do the TJ and remove the sear, while using the bobbed hammer. Then enjoy.

Doesn’t the slide dictate which firing pin can be used?
    I was thinking along the lines of getting a FS/G Centurion and then swapping in a D Centurion bare slide.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

It will still work as a DAO, but the D hammer is a bit smoother. Plus, it's cheap.
    Might as well do it right.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I bought a 96D and dropped in a 92 barrel and mag. Has run 100% so far. But 96Ds are not as easy to find as once upon a time.

I have a 90-TWO I have considered converting to D for a house gun.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Can the Beretta factory do these conversions? Any Beretta smiths do them?

I know about the Langdon DAO pic , but that was a one time special deal.

Beretta would probably make them if you ordered enough at a time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    Beretta would probably make them if you ordered enough at a time.
    They would. The two I would eventually order probably aren’t enough.

User Tag List