Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a D (DAO) Beretta 92 Centurion. How do I make it happen?

I want a D (DAO) Beretta 92 Centurion. How do I make it happen?

It was at the local gun shop today when I saw a Langdon tactical compact with a bobbed hammer and for second thought it was a double action only model. I was preparing whatever lies I was going to need to tell my wife about the credit card when I realized it was not a double action model but just a Bobbed Hammer da/Sa model. If I went ahead and bought it what would I need to change it to a D model?

Tagged.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    It was at the local gun shop today when I saw a Langdon tactical compact with a bobbed hammer and for second thought it was a double action only model. I was preparing whatever lies I was going to need to tell my wife about the credit card when I realized it was not a double action model but just a Bobbed Hammer da/Sa model. If I went ahead and bought it what would I need to change it to a D model?
    It's super easy, and can be reversed if you want to.

1) Get a D hammer. This lack the single action notch.
    2) Remove the sear (#40 on this diagram) and spring.

Reassemble, and have fun. The safety will still work.

You could also order a D Centurion slide. Just add the needed slide parts, AND add the D Hammer/ remove the sear as above.

I did something similar when I did a slide swap between my 92D Centurion and my 92FS Compact a few years ago.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Lurk on GunBroker and wait. They come up. The last nice one I remember went for close to $500.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Bought a police trade in 92D Centurion down in Wilmington NC bout seven months ago.... For $289...Had been languishing in the back of the trade in case for a while. Who could possibly want that carried a lot, hardly shot old thing.... It now has a home with the other Beretta's. Night sights even still slightly work.....

Been thinking about trying to build up a modernized one but have had that project on the very back burner while deployed and focusing on other stuff, both gun projects once I get home in a couple weeks and work stuffs...

I had a 92D Centurion. I slightly regret selling it. If someone were to offer a new one with a replaceable front sight, beveled magwell and maybe a rail I would be interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Bought a police trade in 92D Centurion down in Wilmington NC bout seven months ago.... For $289...Had been languishing in the back of the trade in case for a while. Who could possibly want that carried a lot, hardly shot old thing.... It now has a home with the other Beretta's. Night sights even still slightly work.....

Been thinking about trying to build up a modernized one but have had that project on the very back burner while deployed and focusing on other stuff, both gun projects once I get home in a couple weeks and work stuffs...
    I had a 92D Centurion that I picked up cheap and recently gifted. It was neat, and I really liked it. I gave it a LTT TJIAB and stuffed some Wilson goodies into it. I was not aware that bare 92D Centurion slides were out there in the world for purchase. Hmmmmm.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Got mine at a gunshow for $300. Got the slide relamped by Trijicon back when it was possible.
    It's absolutely on my list of keepers.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's super easy, and can be reversed if you want to.

1) Get a D hammer. This lack the single action notch.
    2) Remove the sear (#40 on this diagram) and spring.

Reassemble, and have fun. The safety will still work.

You could also order a D Centurion slide. Just add the needed slide parts, AND add the D Hammer/ remove the sear as above.

I did something similar when I did a slide swap between my 92D Centurion and my 92FS Compact a few years ago.
    Why replace the hammer? The one mentioned already having a bobbed hammer. If the sear is removed, the sear notch shouldn’t matter, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    If someone were to offer a new one with a replaceable front sight, beveled magwell and maybe a rail I would be interested.
    You sound like me, that gun is not what I want, but in this era of a seemingly endless options of Beretta 90 Series guns, after living through a near option-less era, it's the "gee, all those models are great, but if only they offered ..., then I'd be happy".

User Tag List