Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bullseye Shortage

Bullseye Shortage

Is anyone else having trouble finding Bullseye? It’s been extremely difficult to find locally. Brownells has been out and so has Powder Valley.

Edit I see PV has 4 and 8 pound containers in stock now. Of course I just bought two pounds of 231 instead.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Still in stock at Grafs, and Midsouth has 1# jugs listed as "Backorder - OK" which would seem to indicate they expect to get some. You might also consider AA#2 as an excellent Bullseye replacement for small-volume cases and .38 Spl. For .45ACP, look to Clays for absurdly low recoil with lead bullets, and WST for pure accuracy with 200-grain LSWCs.

What was more gut-wrenching for me was the sudden H4350 drought--it got stupidly popular very quickly, along with new demand from government contracts. Fortunately, as great as H4350 is, I'm confident that RL16 will offer the same temperature tolerance and accuracy. And hey, it's a good excuse to do some load development.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Still in stock at Grafs, and Midsouth has 1# jugs listed as "Backorder - OK" which would seem to indicate they expect to get some. You might also consider AA#2 as an excellent Bullseye replacement for small-volume cases and .38 Spl. For .45ACP, look to Clays for absurdly low recoil with lead bullets, and WST for pure accuracy with 200-grain LSWCs.

What was more gut-wrenching for me was the sudden H4350 drought--it got stupidly popular very quickly, along with new demand from government contracts. Fortunately, as great as H4350 is, I'm confident that RL16 will offer the same temperature tolerance and accuracy. And hey, it's a good excuse to do some load development.
    I was a big 231 fan but got tired of the carbon left behind. I switched over to Bullseye a couple years ago and have loads worked up for 9, 45, and 38. It does everything well for me. It meters very well, is cheap, and was easy to find. When Bullseye disappeared I tried a pound of IMR Target and didn’t really like it.

231/HP38 is still my fall back because I don’t really want to experiment. I just want to load in bulk and shoot.

If Bullseye does go scarce, consider Red Dot. There's a lot more data available for RD after the last powder famine when it wasn't available for ages. Somehow, RD, a shotgun powder, stayed decently stocked throughout the first half or so of said famine.

I'm not a fan of Titegroup, so I won't go there.

Site Supporter
    Powder valley has bullseye on stock.

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/prod...iant-bullseye/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    My LGS sent out an email blast today saying they have a sizeable shipment of H4350 inbound.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

IMR Target as a substitute maybe?

Never used it but the name implies to me that it is similar to BE.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

What are you loading? I've switched to BE-86 for almost everything I used to use Bullseye for.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Bullseye meters very well. Red Dot does not. Unique meters better than Red Dot but is not great in this respect. Remember that double charging a case is an error that is easier to make with fast burning powders like Bullseye.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    What are you loading? I've switched to BE-86 for almost everything I used to use Bullseye for.
    9, 38, and 45. Mostly 9.

User Tag List