Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk Me Into A Dark Star Gear Orion for P30L...

Talk Me Into A Dark Star Gear Orion for P30L...

Seems like these are right up there at the top for AIWB/IWB holsters, I can't find any reasons not to get one for experimenting with rake angles and modes of carry for my H&K's. That said, I would like to hear your experiences with this holster. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Seems like these are right up there at the top for AIWB/IWB holsters, I can't find any reasons not to get one for experimenting with rake angles and modes of carry for my H&K's. That said, I would like to hear your experiences with this holster. Thanks in advance!

I have a couple in G17 length. One set up with PTDs and the other with the steel clip. (Mine are a couple years old.) (Sorry I can't speak to your firearm specifically.)

A few months back I swapped out the original claws they shipped with for Tom's Dark Wing claw. Really like how compact it allows the rig to be while tucking the grip firmly against the torso. I use wedges with mine for extra comfort and in order to prevent the rear corner of the slide from showing.

I really have nothing bad to say about Tom's holster. I've probably worn it more than any other with my G19 and G26. I don't use it IWB, strictly AIWB, uncanted at about 1 o'clock. If either of them were the only holster I owned for the Glocks I'd not feel that I missed out. (That said, there are others I own and like, not from "need" but rather just "because".) They simply work for concealment, comfort, security and positioning.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

What apprehension do ya have?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What apprehension do ya have?
    Mainly just money being finite I do not like wasting it on stuff that ends up not working out... which seems in the world of carry gear to be the vast majority of things I buy end up not being ideal for various reasons. I don't need any more holsters which just need to get resold very quickly after using it, I really don't have the time either to mess with that.

Also, I guess I might have just a touch of leather snob in me and I find it hard coming to terms with spending $100 on a piece of plastic, considering quality leather does not go for much more than that. Maybe there's a coupon code floating about that might set me over the edge that I don't know about, lol. I know you have a great reputation here at the forum, so no concerns there...

Dude, I have tried every top flight holster currently available and just received a Tenicor Velo gen 4, and I still rock my 3ish year old DSG. Use their new foam pad, claw, and swapped out the standard clip with 2 DCC clips. Its simply the best holster on the market IMO.

I haven't found a better AIWB holster than DSG. It can be adjusted in every direction to find the sweet spot. I can't imagine it not working out. To me, it's the gold standard.

Ditto what @cornstalker said. I’ll add that he’s just a great guy to work with.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Dude, I have tried every top flight holster currently available and just received a Tenicor Velo gen 4, and I still rock my 3ish year old DSG. Use their new foam pad, claw, and swapped out the standard clip with 2 DCC clips. Its simply the best holster on the market IMO.
    Can you share a couple pix of that setup? Please?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I have a P30 but I don't carry it (yet). If/when I decide too, I'll absolutely buy a DSG or JMCK holster for it. As good as their holsters are, I have very little reason to look anywhere else.

However if the leather snob in you takes over, you might want to look at Garrett Industries and their leather-lined Kydex as a compromise. Personally, I prefer all Kydex, but the GI holster I have has been a good holster. I bought it in ~2009 and still use it when I'm carrying my G26.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

For what it is worth, I have never had anything but super results with any of my DSG equipment. All of it functions exactly as desired and intended.

I have six or seven of his holsters, and I think six of his knife sheaths. The new mag carriers work really well also.

I'm just one dude, but they work very well for me.

User Tag List