Thread: Colt ENhanced Patrol Rifle

Colt ENhanced Patrol Rifle

My agency is considering adopting Colt Enhanced Patrol Rifles as our new issued Patrol Rifle. The guns would be the 11.5 version equipped with a YHM Turbo suppressor. What are peoples experiences with these rifles and supressors?

Quote Originally Posted by stinx View Post
    My agency is considering adopting Colt Enhanced Patrol Rifles as our new issued Patrol Rifle. The guns would be the 11.5 version equipped with a YHM Turbo suppressor. What are peoples experiences with these rifles and supressors?
    The Enhanced Patrol Rifle with 11.5" barrel is a standard 6933 (i.e. "Commando") with a few quality parts upgrades (Centurion rail, ambi safety/selector, Magpul MBUS PRO front/rear sights, B5 Bravo buttstock).
    It's an excellent rifle/package - add optic, light and sling and it's ready to go.

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/enh...if-556-115-301

tp

Site Supporter
    I don’t have experience on the rifle, but I’m sure it’s fine. However I do have a YHM Turbo that I run on a 10.5” 5.56 gun. I really like it. It’s not very heavy, comparatively speaking, and the suppression is good. It still has some “pop” to it, and I still wear ear pro while training with it. But, in a patrol or SD deployment- your ears will definitely survive. The reduction in muzzle blast on the short rifles is a must. It can be shot inside, from a vehicle, or under a cover without feeling like a flash bang just went off. The only downside is the mount is a bit bulky, but it locks up nicely and has not ever come loose. There is a YHM YT video that shows you how to rotate the locking collar if you end up “in between” teeth. Once you do that it won’t back off at all. They come with a brake mount, which is what I would stick with. I never shoot mine unsuppressed, and the brake will help the can last longer on the short barrels.

User Tag List