Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't even know where to start. Music? Tribal...healing? Sprirtualism? Rewilding?

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I guess I'm in an unfamiliar headspace these days (for reasons that are likely obvious).
    Let me guess, it's winter in Canada.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    TLR

If I may summarize what I hear Misanthrope trying to communicate- "Maria has a great rack!"

On my regular PL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRg_8NNPTD8
    First comment at utube is awesome:

"You know what's wrong with today's society?
    No one drinks out of the skulls of their enemies anymore...."
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    That's not only familiar but preferred. No, this one I attribute to meat acquisition.

I don't know about any of this, but the tune you linked made me go from feeling sorry for myself to feeling like I could crush skulls with my bare hands, so it works.

You know, I found it surprising when I first started turning people on to it but now when a guy is feeling pretty wrecked and I'm looking for a way to help him out, this is one of the big stops on the train. It just seems to call to something in a lot of the men I talk to...I don't know that this is specifically a male thing but that's who I generally talk to re: mental health. The only woman I really have those coversations with is my wife and she is not a very good bellweather for female response to most stuff so I have no sense of whether this calls to women generally; it speaks to her but then she has pretty controversial feelings about her, um, roots. So a whole bunch of euro-tribalists chanting and drumming is probably checking some Germanic box in her head that people who spend more time on the internet know enough not to admit enjoying.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Just putting it out there: Winter where Misanthropist lives is just cold, grey and rainy. For a lot of months. Hardly ever snows, and when it does, the rain melts all 1.7 inches of it the next day. Most people who are there long enough get used to it and just go about their business, maybe with a little Gore-Tex.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Well, yes and no...this was my trip to the drug store the other day:

Name:  2020-01-15 15.56.50.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  28.0 KB

Snowed for a week, melted for a week. Snowing again for the last couple of days. It's not a prairie winter but it's moderately snowy where I am.

But we do just gear up and go; regardless of weather this is outdoors country. Some guys I work with are heading north next weekend for a surfing expedition, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    You know I'm not exactly turning away applicants, right?

This isn't a general message to the internet at large or anything but if we're talking core group here at PFC, anyone who finds themselves heading out this way has a standing invite. I will provide meat, drink, and guided motorcycle tours or salmon, lingcod, or halibut fishing. I have more space than people who would want to occupy it. At my wedding I invited everyone I could think of that might want to see me happy, and thankfully she showed up or the whole thing would have been a big waste of time and money.

Of course the cost of attendance could include really weird euro-shaman music at anything from conversational to nuclear volume: I recently set up the PA system my old rock band used to use, so I could run the new album from the above group on it. For safety reasons, family members and bunny rabbits were placed outside. They were still able to enjoy the album. Or at least, you know, experience it.

And to continue the dark nordic folk experience...

What an incredible invitation, perhaps this could be the next PF festivus? May I suggest ground rules to be set.

Rule #1 - From a sacred deer camp cultural norm in my part of the country - Anytime male bonding occurs something needs to die. You know, just to keep things from getting awkward.......

Rule # 2 - Maybe randomly schedule sporadic ECQC evo's just to keep things convivial?

Rule # 3 - Misanthrope is in charge of the music

Rule # 4 - there are no rules

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    What an incredible invitation, perhaps this could be the next PF festivus? May I suggest ground rules to be set.

Rule #1 - From a sacred deer camp cultural norm in my part of the country - Anytime male bonding occurs something needs to die. You know, just to keep things from getting awkward.......

Rule # 2 - Maybe randomly schedule sporadic ECQC evo's just to keep things convivial?

Rule # 3 - Misanthrope is in charge of the music

Rule # 4 - there are no rules

I mean...you know I have an acreage on a private island that has never had law enforcement. It's entirely possible to have an experience no one is able to forget. Or remember. I'm only sorry the people with the giant solar rig and collection of 1980s arcade machines have moved away; not only did they have a seemingly endless supply of possibly-legal weed and derivatives they constantly offered to everyone, they also had a five thousand watt stereo system and a friend with a definitely legal artisanal gin distillery who gave away fifths as samples. Plus their place had a disco floor and stripper pole which the new owner said he couldn't use and removed. I nearly bit my tongue off when he told me.

Anyway bottom line...fun is available in many flavours here. Erin and I have joked for years that what we need to do is host "Raining Man" on the island. And apparently I'm back in a rock band again so if we're concerned that the crowd would be too one-dimensional, well, I can supply a truly unnerving number of lunatics if necessary.

As one of the original art babies that made Burning Dude a thing, I approve the above message.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List