Thread: AIWB belt: Megingjord or Foundation

AIWB belt: Megingjord or Foundation

I am in the market for a new belt for AIWB carry. I have been looking at the V Dev Gru Megingjord and the LTT Foundation. I am leaning towards the Megingjord since the material used around the back seems to be much softer and more flexible than the Foundation. That is my biggest complaint with the belt I am using now. After long periods of sitting, the top edge starts to dig in to my back skin.

However, I like that the Foundation has a stiff section on both sides of the belt and it is used by the instructors whose opinions I respect most.

I am just looking for others' options, especially from those who have used both.

I was previously using a Volund Headworks Atlas slim belt which I really liked but could never really find a sweet spot for any of my AIWB holsters. Figured I just didn't have the body type for AIWB. I recently got the Megingjord belt and find AIWB much more doable for me. I'm sold on the AIWB specific features of the belt that afford me all day AIWB comfort with the same holsters I had discomfort with previously. So I would recommend the Megingjord. However, I have no experience with the Foundation belt but don't see a need to at this point.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Hammertime
    Don't know about Foundation, but the Megingjord is super soft around the back. I like mine a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Don't know about Foundation, but the Megingjord is super soft around the back. I like mine a lot.
    Same.

So, after the awesome customer service with V Dev Gru digging and finding the last 3 belts in my size, I ordered one. I am completely happy with the purchase! I wore it for hours last night with my JM AIWB just lounging around the house. Complete comfort. One unexpected plus is the ability to wear the belt much more loose than my old belt. The stiff section really keeps the grip from being pushed out by my tactical tuft, and that is with a full size 92. I did have to change to my pull the dot loops since the gusset section around the junction of the two different nylons would not go through the regular 1.5" hard loop. But, I think, with criss-crossing the soft loops, it is even more stable than the hard loop. Anyway, completely happy with my purchase! Thanks V Dev!

User Tag List