Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Today I found out Sig pistol accuracy standard is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    The Sig tech that I've been emailing called me about an hour ago. He showed my data to my his supervisor and the supervisor agrees that while it technically meets factory spec there is something wrong with the gun and I did my due diligence so they want to take a look at it; he emailed me a Fedex label and I get to send this very same gun back to Sig for the second time. I hope they fix it but I'll have to wait a few weeks to find out.

They had it back already in November because I was nearing the end of a range session and the trigger went dead. I pulled the slide off wondering if maybe I could see what the problem is and I saw this:

Attachment 48215

So a gun I've had for about 5 months has been back to Sig twice already.
    Go to India they said. Have them build MIM gun parts they said. It'll be fun and drop safe they said.

Glad they're at least recognizing your effort and taking a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    The M17 (NSN 1005-01-661-7317) and M18 (NSN 1005-01-661-7323) as shipped to the US Military are NATO.

A P320 X5 Legion is not.

If you think for one second that sleazy company is using the same parts to the same standards in their 950 variations of the P320 platform you are kidding yourself.

There is such huge variation in quality control from SIG it is almost mind boggling.

With that said, I shot a co-worker's brand spankin new P320 X5 Legion with a Vortex Venom mounted on it this past Wednesday and found it to be extremely accurate and pleasant to shoot.

Would I trust it for anything other than range games? Not a chance, but the concept is excellent and I understand why you purchased the pistol.
    I concur on all counts.

I was actually just pointing out that a proper standard exists. Ideally, everyone would use such a standard.

I bought a P320 compact with manual safety but still waiting to pick it up due to new rules in my state effective last year (license holders no longer exempt from wait). Meanwhile, I figured I'd use a range rental to see what a range beater P320 is capable of at 25 yards. Shot 5 different 5 round groups ranging from about 2.5" to 3.5" off hand. First group cold was just under 3". I typically get about a 4" group at 25 yards with a 92FS, about 4-6" with a Glock.

The trigger felt fantastic. Probably one of the best striker fired stock triggers I've ever felt. I didn't feel any stacking or grit, just a short, light take up followed by crisp break. I was suspicious because Glock and M&P all have a stacking sensation in the take up as the firing pin block is disabled during trigger pull. Took the slide off and it looked to me like the firing pin block was stuck in the lifted position, I'm guessing due to powder residue. I could not get it to reset even after manually pulling the striker rearwards. Striker was free to move back and forth allowing the firing pin to protrude from the breech face. It was a dirty rental, but I've never seen a Glock or M&P firing pin block seized like this in person. Is there some aspect of the P320 design that I'm not aware of such that the firing pin block doesn't reset with the slide off even when the striker is drawn back?

Accurate though.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    Believe me when I say that I understand your frustration, as does everyone who participated in the thread I am sure. Man!! That's a lot of brass shavings!! I am glad SIG is looking to get the damn thing straightened out finally, and that all your due diligence seems to be paying off.

Please keep us posted, and the best of luck to you.
    I think that's actually the factory grease or unburnt powder. The trigger bar broke inside the first 500 rounds.

There is a part of me that thinks I'm done with the gun even if they do fix it. I'll just feel better about selling it to someone if they do manage to make it not suck.
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 02-04-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Th following were meant for dealing with people but apply to Sig and others.

When someone shows you their true face, believe them, the 1st time. Do not wait for the 17th time.

Behavior is truth.

When you put something out of your life, for good reason, do not let it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Th following were meant for dealing with people but apply to Sig and others.

When someone shows you their true face, believe them, the 1st time. Do not wait for the 17th time.

Behavior is truth.

When you put something out of your life, for good reason, do not let it back in.
    Sage advice

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Sage advice
    Thanks.
    Paid for with pain and scar tissue.

Sig USA is a joke

I just wanted to add that I learned the stuck firing pin block I observed on a rental P320 was due to a broken striker safety spring. Estimated round count was about 20K-30K, possibly more. In this context, it's much more understandable and could probably be avoided by changing the striker assembly at the recommended interval.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I think that's actually the factory grease or unburnt powder. The trigger bar broke inside the first 500 rounds.

There is a part of me that thinks I'm done with the gun even if they do fix it. I'll just feel better about selling it to someone if they do manage to make it not suck.
    At this point getting rid of it is probably for the best as you will no longer “trust” the gun. It’s illogical since it’s an inanimate object but it will be real in your head.

User Tag List