Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charged and Held Without Bond

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    We have dedicated jail wagons, for which I am grateful.

That said, we do have to transport our own DUI suspects for blood draws. They must sit in the rear, handcuffed behind the back, and a second unit must follow. I was following a buddy who was transporting a female DUI suspect. She kicked my buddy in the shoulder causing him to nearly swerve into the center concrete divider. I saw his car jerk and then the flash/confetti of a Taser deployment. She rode the rest of the way with probes in place.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    We have dedicated jail wagons, for which I am grateful.

That said, we do have to transport our own DUI suspects for blood draws. They must sit in the rear, handcuffed behind the back, and a second unit must follow. I was following a buddy who was transporting a female DUI suspect. She kicked my buddy in the shoulder causing him to nearly swerve into the center concrete divider. I saw his car jerk and then the flash/confetti of a Taser deployment. She rode the rest of the way with probes in place.
    You guys don't have cages either?

We were absolutely, 100% forbidden from transporting without a cage. Two of our detectives got days off for transporting a 80lb handcuffed 14 year old when they didn't want to wait for a patrol unit.

Aside from the fact that it could turn into a fight at 55mph, there's no way in hell I'd transport a suspect in the passenger seat. I've put too many people in the back of a car with feces, vomit, blood, urine, semen and/or oozing pus all over them.

A friend of mine was thinking about buying a former police car and when I described all the stuff I've seen deposited in the back he changed his mind.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Pros and cons. In the front seat, your peripheral vision can pick up body attitude, movement and furtive attempts much easier than in the back seat while trying to drive an monitor the rear view mirror.

Neither way is anywhere close to optimal. I've done a bunch of times and only pulled over to the side of the road once or twice.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    You guys don't have cages either?
    Nope. We have take home cars with personal use, many guys wouldn't even want them. I don't use my car for off duty anything, but for some it's their only car.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    This will be an interesting one to watch.

I don't understand working without prisoner cages and putting people in your front seat. Only did that once and it was based on the suspect's size - had another car follow me to the jail.
    To this day, that's how my former agency does it. We've never had cages in the car and probably never will. I lost count of the times I had to call for a PD or SO unit so I could use a cage to transport a combative subject..
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Aside from the fact that it could turn into a fight at 55mph, there's no way in hell I'd transport a suspect in the passenger seat. I've put too many people in the back of a car with feces, vomit, blood, urine, semen and/or oozing pus all over them.
    That's the thing....and maybe my zone is more nasty than most......but even compliant prisoners are full of critters, urine soaked clothing, poopie, blood, needles, vomit.......I don't want them anywhere near the front of my cabin.

Our rear seats are the Setina hard plastic with the seat belt system where you don't lean over them. It's much better for transporting prisoners as I don't have to lean over them and risk a bite and subsequent documentation for post-bite force necessary to effect control. Also, with the rear camera, I can pull that up on my screen up front and watch for furtive movements and such.

Maybe I'm spoiled but that's one thing I'm thankful for.

Name:  setina.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  27.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Nope. We have take home cars with personal use, many guys wouldn't even want them. I don't use my car for off duty anything, but for some it's their only car.
    Are they transporting their kids in the same rig they transport suspects?

If so, that's gross.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

And literally, like five minutes later after I posted that pic, our rookie in our squad had a female defecate in the back of his cruiser.

Site Supporter
    Texas DPS does not have cages. To me that is madness. The guys and gals keep personal stuff in the back seat. They may prefer this arrangement.

Are they transporting their kids in the same rig they transport suspects?

If so, that's gross.
    Potentially, but we don't transport very often.

User Tag List