Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Romeo 2

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I heard from another agency firearms instructor that the Romeo 2s aren’t doing well. The shrouds keep coming off from very light impacts or just from shooting enough.
    What is that saying about never buy the first generation of any new product!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I recently installed one on my Sig P229 40SW (My hiking gun). I had just one practice with the gun (200rd). No issues so far.

I plan to start with my Romeo 2 in open emitter configuration. If that seems to be working to my satisfaction, I will then add the shrouds.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I plan to start with my Romeo 2 in open emitter configuration. If that seems to be working to my satisfaction, I will then add the shrouds.
    Looking forward to hearing about your experience. You’ll be putting yours through a higher round count than all but a handful of people at my job.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I heard from another agency firearms instructor that the Romeo 2s aren’t doing well. The shrouds keep coming off from very light impacts or just from shooting enough.
    Given that there has been some use of this particular optic for over a year now, and given Aaron Cowan's positive review of this a year ago, I would question whether the assembly was done correctly or if the assemblies were properly maintained, if this is confirmed as an issue.

The fundamental design seems solid enough for the purpose of the device, but loose screws happen.

I received the Sig MOS plate and went to install the Romeo 2 on a G47. The plate is THICK and between that and the height of the overall optic, BUIS would have to be very tall. I don't want to have to use the notch built into the optic and futz trying to find the right height front and hope windage is on.

Despite being very excited by the concept of this optic, I am not feeling the love and may send it down the road.

Name:  IMG_3809.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  39.3 KB

@GJM I've got some well-used take-off tall Dawson Precision sights that were on a MOS slide with a Delta Point Pro if you want to experiment with them and the Romeo.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    @GJM I've got some well-used take-off tall Dawson Precision sights that were on a MOS slide with a Delta Point Pro if you want to experiment with them and the Romeo.
    Thank you for that kind offer, but I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze for me with this optic, given all the other great optics out there now.

Mason Lane shot the CO Nationals this year using Romeo 2 with the full shroud:

Last edited by cheby; 07-16-2023 at 01:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Is it really?
    As much as any other optic labeled “made in the USA” from any of the big makers.

User Tag List