Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do folks loctite their Holosun battery tray screws?

Do folks loctite their Holosun battery tray screws?

On their pistol red dots?

I have not on any of mine and haven't had an issue.

Absolutely!! I never even thought about that until I was shooing one day and that tray came flying out of my gun. Couldn’t find the tiny screw on the range so that ended the day of shooting abruptly. Needless to say I wasn’t to happy about that but called their customer service they sent me a new tray/screw. So yes, I would do that. They also recommend you do, a little loctite goes a long way.

I replace all my Holosun batteries with Duracell and apply thread lock to the battery tray screw. My most recent EPS Carry, purchased about six months ago, came from the factory with a noticeable amount of thread locker.

Yes, but then I loctite everything including the cat tree I assembled.

I do. I was at a class a little over a year ago, and about half way through day one, one of the students lost his battery tray, and had to use his BUIS the rest of the class. Holosun sent him a new one, for free, but that didn't help while he waited for it to arrive. That was good motivation to put some loctite on the screw.

Yes plus witness mark.

Loctite and witness Mark.

Site Supporter
    I don't have one of the new side loading ones, but will be getting one shortly to outfit a G19 for a class with Cowan in February. After shooting a dot loose on a TX22 Competition in about 75 rounds (just ran with the screws mounting the base to the barrel as they were from the factory, big mistake) and seeing a post from Defoor where he lost a battery tray & screw on the range, I decided I'd be loctiting all of the things when I get everything set up.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

I haven't, but seems its common enough issue I will.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

User Tag List