Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romeo 2

Romeo 2

Skip to 6:52.

https://youtu.be/BcdCICMDUc4

Will be interested to see how they perform in independent drop tests as compared to their own “tests”. I like the idea behind the full shroud. I’m guessing these won’t be in the wild until this time next year. I’d be lying if I didn’t admit I was surprised they didn’t create a whole new footprint and require yet another slide cut to accept it.

The Romeo 2 in that video looks a little different than the Romeo 2 that was displayed at SHOT 2019.

I like the built-in rear sight, but the coolest feature to me is the option to have open or closed emitter. Great idea.

Yeah they look quite a bit different. I remember it being rubberized in 2019. Seems like they decided to wait and go with the multiple shroud options after seeing the desire for an enclosed emitter. The full shroud actually looks half decent too aesthetics wise.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    The Electro Optics guy told me they'll formally debut it at NRA this year. The housing was substantially beefier than the Romeo 1 Pro. They claim it'll survive a drop on the optic from 5', loaded, onto concrete. Aaron Cowan will undoubtedly put that to the test. I, also, liked the idea of the closed emitter option.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Any updates on the ETA? It has some very attractive features.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Very Cool

I would be very interested in this sight if it does everything they say it does.

That being said, I've not been impressed with Sig Optics in the past. Good concepts, spotty execution.

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...t-optic/389187

I have a number of DPP footprint cut slides as well, including a P01 that I love.

I've got pistol applications that a closed emitter DPP-footprint would fit in well with, a Romeo 2 Pro w/ closed emitter would be certainly worth checking out.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Vaporware

I wonder if the Romeo 2 would be more prone to fogging in certain situations using the sealing shroud compared to the Holosun 509T or the ACRO GEN 2. Do the Holosun or ACRO use nitrogen purging, or is that mainly used on riflescopes, etc.

User Tag List