Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need an opinion, Peltor ComTac III or MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X

I bought a set of sordins a few years ago and sold them because my head is too big for them. I now use comtacs as they can accommodate my Charlie Brown head.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I own a pair of each. The Comtac IIIs are better than the Sordins by a wide margin IMO. Only downside to the Comtacs is they are kind of chunky. Otherwise in every way superior to the Sordin product.
    Neph - What are three things you find better about the Comtac IIIs than Sordins? Not trying to argue - my Sordin Supreme Pro X are now going on maybe 6-7 years old, and I'm pondering replacement options. They still work fine, and after using a set of Noisefighters, fit on my glasses even better.

PS Hope all ok with you and things are going well in your studies.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Neph - What are three things you find better about the Comtac IIIs than Sordins? Not trying to argue - my Sordin Supreme Pro X are now going on maybe 6-7 years old, and I'm pondering replacement options. They still work fine, and after using a set of Noisefighters, fit on my glasses even better.

PS Hope all ok with you and things are going well in your studies.
    They have a lot more degrees of freedom with their adjustment mechanism, give a better seal, have better speaker quality and subjectively are a little more comfortable. They also subjectively just feel like a better made product, and the battery compartment is effortless to access (unlike the Sordins). The biggest downside is they are chunkier which makes them sort of a pain with scoped rifles, but not the end of the world.

The Sordins are a great product too, but I always wear my Comtacs even though both live in the same range bag.

and thanks! Still chugging along.

User Tag List