Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need an opinion, Peltor ComTac III or MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X

Need an opinion, Peltor ComTac III or MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X

Street price of sub $300, which one? Why and where to buy? I'm calling SRS tomorrow. Thought that I made the decision already to go with the Sordin's but a friend has me questioning my decision. I have no current plans of mounting ear pro on a helmet. I take classes, shoot leagues, shoot matches and train.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    Street price of sub $300, which one? Why and where to buy? I'm calling SRS tomorrow. Thought that I made the decision already to go with the Sordin's but a friend has me questioning my decision. I have no current plans of mounting ear pro on a helmet. I take classes, shoot leagues, shoot matches and train.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    I have both Peltor and Sordin muffs. I like both and would not hesitate to buy either again. My preference is Sordin for the ability to use Eneloops and the sound quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have both Peltor and Sordin muffs. I like both and would not hesitate to buy either again. My preference is Sordin for the ability to use Eneloops and the sound quality.

Nice comment, I bet I have twenty plus Eneloops. I use them in my electronic predator caller. I also have a whiz bang charger for them. That comment hit a good button for me. I think that I can get the Sordins a little less expensive anyhow, but $50 over 5 or 10 years isn't an issue either way.

Strange how things come to light once you start shopping, but I have good access to the Safariland Liberators as well, but know little about those.

I hear good things about the customer service at SRS.

I have no experience with the Peltors.

I do have the Sordin Supreme Pro Xs, combined with the excellent @Noisefighters gel cups and a cool guy headband. They are easily the most comfortable ear pro I've worn. They also seem to do well with sweat (I sweat... a lot. I've killed several pairs of Howard Leights that way). I've had them about six months and, in retrospect, I should have just bought these at the beginning rather than buying four pairs of Howard Leights over the years. Still on the original batteries as well, with an average of about 10 hours/month of use, plus two classes, for what that's worth. Sound quality is good, though I find they tend to amplify a bit less than the Howard Leights on indoor ranges. Outdoor quality is excellent.

Edit: mine came from SRS.

Need an opinion, Peltor ComTac III or MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X

SRS customer service is great. How’s your hearing now? I have the Supreme Pro X with gel cups. Overall quality is excellent. But if you have hearing loss now you’ll still be pissed. You can hear a squirrel tiptoeing through the grass at 100 yards but you still can’t make out what someone is saying to your face. I’d go with Comptacs or the new 3m model just for that reason alone. Otherwise the Sordins are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    SRS customer service is great. How’s your hearing now? I have the Supreme Pro X with gel cups. Overall quality is excellent. But if you have hearing loss now you’ll still be pissed. You can hear a squirrel tiptoeing through the grass at 100 yards but you still can’t make out what someone is saying to your face. I’d go with Comptacs or the new 3m model just for that reason alone. Otherwise the Sordins are fantastic.
    Good questions, while I don't wear hearing adds, I stop asking people to repeat them self after the third time and just smile and nod my head.

I would like a muff with good volume, I still plan on double plugging. I guess if it was an easy answer, they would only make one model and everyone would be happy with it.

I've been using the Sordin Supreme Pro X (with gel cups) for several years. Bought 'em at SRS; nice folks. I do double plug if on an indoor range (one I frequent, although only 25 yards, allows rifles, and having a short AR next to you can get loud).

Mine have held up very well. Some shedding of the coating on the wiring, but no problem with performance. And with the gel cups, they're comfortable for long sessions.

No experience with the Peltors, but I'd highly recommend the Sordins.

Found this on youT and it was very informative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lMZkJOjd9Y

Not buying the $900 pair of Ops Core Amp. But a decent review of the Peltor Comptac III and the Sordins.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    Found this on youT and it was very informative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lMZkJOjd9Y
    For crying out loud. Get to the point. He must be getting paid for how long the video is. I won't usually watch a long youtube video.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I own a pair of each. The Comtac IIIs are better than the Sordins by a wide margin IMO. Only downside to the Comtacs is they are kind of chunky. Otherwise in every way superior to the Sordin product.

User Tag List